New Music Releases Thread

Impressive list. Do you mind me asking - do you have music on constant rotation of new stuff, or do you sometime kick-back and stick a load of stuff on from 'the past' and just chill? I'm at the point now where a lot of the recommendations on here get started, two or three tracks in it's a case of "...OFF" and move on. I've discovered a load of excellent artists in the past year that without this thread I probably wouldn't have discovered, but some of the others it becomes a question of "how many times would I play this?", or the biggie "WIBI"? (would I buy it).

im same as @chunkylover53 in that I may listen to a couple of tracks then know if it’s for me or not.
Also some posters prefer and post genres that isn’t really my cup of tea so I listen to albums recommended by some posters more than others.

Impressive list. Do you mind me asking - do you have music on constant rotation of new stuff, or do you sometime kick-back and stick a load of stuff on from 'the past' and just chill? I'm at the point now where a lot of the recommendations on here get started, two or three tracks in it's a case of "...OFF" and move on. I've discovered a load of excellent artists in the past year that without this thread I probably wouldn't have discovered, but some of the others it becomes a question of "how many times would I play this?", or the biggie "WIBI"? (would I buy it).

Mostly new music but I'll occasionally go back and listen to older stuff. I tend to give the album a listen right through at least the once.

Fat Mike (NOFX) and Frank Turner are releasing an album, West Coast v Wessex, at the end of July, covering each other's stuff. First singles (one by each) were out yesterday @Mickdundee
I know the question isn't for me, but I do a combo - I listen to a lot of old stuff or new stuff by "old" artists, especially given that I'm back into vinyl and have started replacing my favourite CDs with vinyl or I'm revisiting some of my old vinyl. So in the car and at home I do that. That being said, I use this thread an awful lot for new stuff. As per @chunkylover53 and @mad cyril , I use it for recommendations and will try a lot of new stuff but make my mind up pretty quickly if I'm going to stick with it or not. I'll use descriptions from @Arkle's weekly lists or from other posters (find those really helpful to filter - I know what I won''t like) and like Cyril says, you get a sense for other posters who share tastes or where you have crossover. I've got into a load of stuff and bought a load of stuff as a result of this thread (and I've also heard a lot of stuff I really dislike!)

Last edited:
Fat Mike (NOFX) and Frank Turner are releasing an album, West Coast v Wessex, at the end of July, covering each other's stuff. First singles (one by each) were out yesterday @Mickdundee

I know the question isn't for me, but I do a combo - I listen to a lot of old stuff or new stuff by "old" artists, especially given that I'm back into vinyl and have started replacing my favourite CDs with vinyl or I'm revisiting some of my old vinyl. So in the car and at home I do that. That being said, I use this thread an awful lot for new stuff. As per @chunkylover53 and @mad cyril , I use it for recommendations and will try a lot of new stuff but make my mind up pretty quickly if I'm going to stick with it or not. I'll use descriptions from @Arkle's weekly lists or from other posters (find those really helpful to filter - I know what I won''t like) and like Cyril says, you get a sense for other posters who share tastes or where you have crossover. I've got into a load of stuff and bought a load of stuff as a result of this thread (and I've also heard a lot of stuff I really dislike!)
The more the merrier mate. I use the same sot of 'filtering' as you, @mad cyril, @chunkylover53 and others by descriptions provided by them and @Arkle and filter some stuff out without bothering at all sometimes. I use Google Play a LOT on my phone and often find the 'Related Artists' links quite useful as well. Gone down some long rabbit holes doing that......

The more the merrier mate. I use the same sot of 'filtering' as you, @mad cyril, @chunkylover53 and others by descriptions provided by them and @Arkle and filter some stuff out without bothering at all sometimes. I use Google Play a LOT on my phone and often find the 'Related Artists' links quite useful as well. Gone down some long rabbit holes doing that......

@Arkle list and right up is a great help. Really appreciate him doing that. I love this thread, great spectrum of stuff from some great folk.

@Arkle list and right up is a great help. Really appreciate him doing that. I love this thread, great spectrum of stuff from some great folk.
Yeah Arkle’s lists are great, I also like how he looks out for us and suggests stuff. Sarah Shook is one of my favourite artists of the last 5 years and if it weren’t for an @Arkle tagging I probably would never have even listened to her.

You just need to look at how this thread started for me - @James setting the ball rolling and recommending Pedestrian Verse. FR hadn't managed to break through into my consciousness over here in the US and I don't know that I'd have ever heard them were it not for here. That first post got me into them and they became one of my favourite bands - I got PV on vinyl just a week or two ago for my birthday. Couldn't count what else I've ended up liking as a result of this place since then!

You just need to look at how this thread started for me - @James setting the ball rolling and recommending Pedestrian Verse. FR hadn't managed to break through into my consciousness over here in the US and I don't know that I'd have ever heard them were it not for here. That first post got me into them and they became one of my favourite bands - I got PV on vinyl just a week or two ago for my birthday. Couldn't count what else I've ended up liking as a result of this place since then!
@James used to be canny, but he’s a Tory now apparently ;)

Big surprise out of left field for me today - just announced that BOB will have a new album, You Can Stop That For a Start, out September 25. They are a band I came back in November to see their final UK show and I thought they were a done deal - a posthumous album of unreleased stuff
New Bob Mould single this afternoon. American Crisis. He seems a bit cross.

Last edited:
Run the Jewels 4 is out now on Spotify etc. Josh Homme and Zack de la Rocha (again) are on the album to appeal to people who don't normally listen to that sort of music.

I’ll give it a go but I’ve never been into them...think I’m just not a fan of El-P’s production.

Run the Jewels 4 is out now on Spotify etc. Josh Homme and Zack de la Rocha (again) are on the album to appeal to people who don't normally listen to that sort of music.
Been looking forward to this. Their gig I saw on the rtj3 tour was one of the best live performances I’ve seen.

This week's new releases come from Baauer, Dion, Janet Devlin, Jessie Ware, KALEO, LA Priest (delayed previously), No Age (trying to work out whether this is out or not), Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Run The Jewels (as already mentioned), Sondre Lerche, Sonic Boom, Sports Team, The Ghost Inside, Skinshape, Westerman, Mark Olson & Ingunn Ringvold, Brigid Mae Power, Ohmme, Muzz and Blancmange.

Tomorrow all about Sonic Boom. Waited years for the genius of Pete Kember to make music again. Can’t wait.

Yeah, it's been a long time since he released anything either as Sonic Boom, Spectrum or EAR.

There's a few others for me - Rolling Blackouts, No Age (if it's out), Westerman (getting cracking reviews, what I've heard sounds a bit Perfume Genius doing the theme to a Scandi-noir detective show), Brigid Mae Power, Ohmme (again, getting terrific reviews), Mark Olson, maybe Skinshape. Also intrigued to hear the Sports Team album (from this neck of the woods) and Muzz (some sort of NYC indie supergroup with Paul Banks of Interpol on vocals).

For anyone who likes their alternative or pUNk RoCk , this is our new release from a few weeks ago. Can stream free here....
Downloads, Cd and Vinyl available too.

litterbug.bandcamp.com

Last edited:

Back