New Music Releases Thread

New and newish stuff I've been listening to:

Uncut's Light In The attic comp - excellent, some tremendous stuff on here. I need to track down more from Shin Joong Hyun & The Men. (Different The Men from the current day band The Men)
Badly Drawn Boy - pretty enjoyable, "Tony Wilson Said", in particular is ace.
Tim Burgess - similar to BDB in some ways. Not something that will change my life but it's an enjoyable album.
Krautwerk - the name is dreadful but the music is very good. Rockish-motorik stuff as you might expect.
Marker Starling - enjoyable, kind of easy listening. Laetitia Sadier guests.
Steve Earle & The Dukes - excellent! His most upbeat and angriest record in a good while.
Brigid Dawson and The Mothers Network - a superb debut! Psych-rock but not as rock as Oh Sees (who she has a past with), has jazzy flecks.
Woods - really enjoyable. Psych-pop with more soulful inflections this time (rather than the Afro-pop that's influenced their other albums).
Witch'n'Monk - this got a cracking review from the Guardian. Not the easiest listen, it sprawls through avante classical, jazz, post-punk, opera and folk. A lot to take in.
Public Practice - I'm a week late with this. Enjoyable dancey post-punk. The opening song is ace!
Katie Von Schleicher - another good album. A break up album, seemingly. Well worth a losten if indie-pop is your thing.
Owen Pallett - two albums. Spaceship Earth is a string laden soundtrack, Island is orchestrated indie chamber-pop. Both well worth a listen.
Sunwatchers - really good and really exciting. Jazz flecked instrumental rock and roll. Hot stuff!
Darren Hayman - probably the closest he's come to a Hefner album since they split. Excellent indie-pop.
Eve Owen - very good female singer-songwriter stuff from a long time collaborator of The National.
Hear and Now - pleasant danceable instrumental album. Nice on a summer's day but not really my thing TBH.

Album of the week: Sunwatchers.

New releases coming tomorrow. There are albums from Deerhoof, Flying Lotus (instrumental versions of Flamagra), Jade Hairpins, Kip Moore, Lady Gaga, Mrs Piss, Nicole Atkins, Noah Reid, Static-X, Thomas Wesley Pentz (seemingly Diplo's country alter ego), Pins, Jaime Wyatt, Jake Blount, Tootard and possibly Protomartyr.

Also, both White Denim and Joan As Police Woman seem to have released albums in the last few weeks.

New releases coming tomorrow. There are albums from Deerhoof, Flying Lotus (instrumental versions of Flamagra), Jade Hairpins, Kip Moore, Lady Gaga, Mrs Piss, Nicole Atkins, Noah Reid, Static-X, Thomas Wesley Pentz (seemingly Diplo's country alter ego), Pins, Jaime Wyatt, Jake Blount, Tootard and possibly Protomartyr.

Also, both White Denim and Joan As Police Woman seem to have released albums in the last few weeks.
Mrs piss?? 🤣

Protomartyr has been delayed once already, pretty sure it’s delayed a while

White Denim was ok, I think Joan as Police Woman was covers (or I could be mad).

deerhoof, flying lotus and pins I guess.

:neutral:

Protomartyr has been delayed once already, pretty sure it’s delayed a while

White Denim was ok, I think Joan as Police Woman was covers (or I could be mad).

deerhoof, flying lotus and pins I guess.

Yeah, Amazon still has the physical release of Protomartyr as tomorrow but not digital. Joan As Police Woman is covers.

Back