New Music Releases Thread

So, my summing up of the new stuff I've listened to this week:

Pigs*7 - excellent, proper stoner rock album.
Anna Burch - not quite as enthralling as Quit The Curse but still very listenable.
James Elkington - ticks all the boxes for me. Folkish but done from a post-rock perspective.
The Lovely Eggs - bloody marvellous!
Parsonsfield - one of those albums that's going to quietly grow on me. Starts out a bit like a poppier Fleet Foxes then goes a bit more straight indie-pop with electronic flecks. Remind me a little of a less rock Death Cab For Cutie or Passion Pit.
Thundercat - on early listening, I prefer this to Drunk. Seems more coherent as an album.
M. Ward - it's very good but I'm not sure I'd be able to distinguish it from other M. Ward albums in a year or so.
Savage Mansion - posted about earlier. Exceptionally good.
Everything Is Recorded - interesting. More obviously hiphop based than the first album. Well worth a listen!
Wilma Archer - usually records as Slime, comes from Newcastle, probably best known as a producer. A mix of jazz and electronica. Works very well!
Yves Tumor - a very good album. Nominally electronica but also rock, great vocals.

A toss up between James Elkington. The Lovely Eggs and Savage Mansion for my album of the week but a few others run them close.

Wilma archer album is very good but can’t believe he’s from Newcastle.

thundercat albums are all difficult in places but must say my fav tune of his is possibly Black Qualls.
Other suggestions that I quite like at the moment are fairly recent EPs by:

Emma Jean Thackray - movement EP
Vex Ruffin - Emilio EP

Last edited:

A new Jeff Rosenstock album just seems to have appeared on Spotify out of nowhere. Nice little treat if it's even half as good as the rest of his solo stuff.

Also been listening to Tokimonsta - Oasis Nocturno

don’t know what to think of it. Love some of the songs but others not so keen on
Tremendous

yeah I think it’s pretty good, from a U.K. jazz artist. Doesn’t look your typical jazz artist either.

Last edited:
Another week, another batch of new releases. This week we have albums from Badly Drawn Boy, Brigid Dawson & the Mothers Network, Indigo Girls, Steve Earle & the Dukes, The 1975, The Airborne Toxic Event, Woods, Katie Von Schleicher, Jeff Rosenstock (as has been mentioned) and Marker Starling.

Following on from the great Sei Still album comes another great motorik album from Krautwerk ( names a bit lazy / obvious )

Great mix of psyche and motorik with good vocals and melody. Some slower tracks also. Very good.

Lana Del Rey has announced a new album coming September 5th, by laying into Beyoncé, Cardi B, Kehlani(I thought she used to be Antony and the Johnsons but aporently it’s an ex girls group singer), Nicki Minaj et al for their lyrical content; Is accuses of white privilege and hypocrisy Social Media Slams Lana Del Rey for Throwing Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj & Other Black Singers Under the Bus

Strange take from Lana. Instead of spending time throwing dirt she should like at bringing her fellow musicians up. Beyoncé wouldn’t waste her time throwing shade at other people’s music (waits for someone to find a link of Beyoncé doing that.)

Disappointing.

Back