New Music Releases Thread

this one for me... not often do i anticipate album releases these days but the raconteurs have always been my favorite of jack whites musical outputs... the sunday driver ep late last year suggests their output is of a similar standard to the previous two albums from previous.

It's got a very good review from Uncut. Also looking forward to it plus Hot Chip, Bedouine and Black Midi. One or two others on the maybe list.

A bit earlier than usual, this week's releases. We have albums from Bedouine, Chris Shiflett, Collective Soul, Harry and the Potters, Hatchie, Hollywood Vampires, Hot Chip, Mannequin Pussy, Mark Ronson, Prince (a demos collection). Richard Reed Parry, The Raconteurs, Titus Andronicus, Trina, Willie Nelson, Black Pumas, Black Midi, Buddy & Julie Miller, Jim Lauderdale, Fruit Bats and Bamboo.

I've probably missed a few as usual.
Shiflett made his way onto streaming sites last week so there’s only really The Raconteurs and maybe Mannequin Pussy on there for me this week unless you have any recommendations.

I also meant to post during the week, is anyone on here familiar with a band called Drunk Mums? I was reading an article about Amy from Amyl and The Sniffers favourite Australian bands and this lot caught my eye. Been listening to their most recent album for most of the week. Garage rock stuff with some pinky and glam influences.

Quite witty lyrics in places too.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of new stuff this week, of varying potential quality. We have albums from: Avicii (obviously posthumous), Aurora, Cave In, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Dylan LeBlanc, Froth, Future, Gloria Gaynor, Jonas Brothers, Keel Her, Kevin RIchard Martin (bloke from The Bug), Lust For Youth, Mark Mulcahy, Neil Young (a live album from 1973), Palehound, Pelican, Perry Farrell, Peter Frampton, Peter Perrett, Pixx, Plague Vendor, Plaid, Santana, Silversun Pickups, The Divine Comedy, Tim Heidecker, Younghusband, Yeasayer, Wovoka Gentle, Vanishing Twin, Jambinai and Jake Xerxes Fussell.

Oh shit! Didn't realise Silversun Pickups had a new album!

Saw them live in NYC about 5 years back, they were great.

Oh shit! Didn't realise Silversun Pickups had a new album!

Saw them live in NYC about 5 years back, they were great.
The new Silversun Pickups is very good. I went to the free show they had at Amoeba Records in Hollywood last Tuesday. Only played for like 40 minutes, but they were just walking around to the store before the show and my son and I got a chance to meet them and talk to them. Very down to earth and extremely friendly. They do not have the "Rockstar" attitude at all. They talk to you like a friend. It was a very nice experience and a very good and intimate show. I have been a fan for a long time.

The new Silversun Pickups is very good. I went to the free show they had at Amoeba Records in Hollywood last Tuesday. Only played for like 40 minutes, but they were just walking around to the store before the show and my son and I got a chance to meet them and talk to them. Very down to earth and extremely friendly. They do not have the "Rockstar" attitude at all. They talk to you like a friend. It was a very nice experience and a very good and intimate show. I have been a fan for a long time.

Oh nice!!
When we saw them it was promoting their third album but the wife on drums wasn't there as she was heavily pregnant.

Back