New Music Releases Thread

Springsteen’s album is superb, a really really good album.
As the reviews say, it’s a 60’s sounding American west coast album. Very orchestral with strings, pianos etc and his voice is great.

Not new music releases, strictly speaking, but if you like Joy Division, with the 40th :eek:anniversary of Unknown Pleasures coming up, various directors have made new videos for each track on the album. They're doing some kind of Youtube thing nearer the date, Unknown Pleasures Reimagined, with a broadcast of them and a round table discussion, but they're releasing the vids between now and then and I think the first is tomorrow

BBC6Music tonight at 10.30pm, Mary Ann Hobbs will be playing the album in full and chatting to various individuals involved in said classic album.

Frightened Rabbit curated a tribute album of covers for the 10th anniversary of Midnight Organ Fight last year. All tracks were apparently vetted by Scott H before his passing. They're releasing it July 12, and it will be available for pre-order tomorrow with 2 immediately available tracks

Mattiel - "Satis Factory" is a cracking new album.

The track "Keep The Change" has one infectious hook, and one you just can't stop humming to yourself.

Car Seat Headrest have a new live album out, "Commit Yourself Completely". It's very good, I strongly recommend a listen.

Also, the new Art School Girlfriend song "Driving" is very good. I have to say they are my favorite band to smoke to when I just want to mellow out and relax. I put their stuff on shuffle, sit back, and just enjoy the moment.

The Julien Baker version is magic.

I’ve fallen in love with her recently
Her "Appointments" song is absolutely beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a quick search back and it doesn't look like Naomi Bedford and Paul Simmonds (of Men They Couldn't Hang) made the May 17 list for the snappily titled Sing It All Back Home: Appalachian Ballads of English and Scottish Origin.

One for the folkies - very pretty acoustic "finger in the ear" type stuff.

Had a quick search back and it doesn't look like Naomi Bedford and Paul Simmonds (of Men They Couldn't Hang) made the May 17 list for the snappily titled Sing It All Back Home: Appalachian Ballads of English and Scottish Origin.

One for the folkies - very pretty acoustic "finger in the ear" type stuff.

Simmonds was also busy with Phil Odgers (Swill from TMTCH) for an Odgers and Simmonds release, When Hank Met Woody, on either May 31 (according to their Bandcamp) or June 10 (Spotify). Very lo-fi DIY country/folk.

A bit earlier than usual, this week's releases. We have albums from Bedouine, Chris Shiflett, Collective Soul, Harry and the Potters, Hatchie, Hollywood Vampires, Hot Chip, Mannequin Pussy, Mark Ronson, Prince (a demos collection). Richard Reed Parry, The Raconteurs, Titus Andronicus, Trina, Willie Nelson, Black Pumas, Black Midi, Buddy & Julie Miller, Jim Lauderdale, Fruit Bats and Bamboo.

I've probably missed a few as usual.

Simmonds was also busy with Phil Odgers (Swill from TMTCH) for an Odgers and Simmonds release, When Hank Met Woody, on either May 31 (according to their Bandcamp) or June 10 (Spotify). Very lo-fi DIY country/folk.
It’s being done to raise funds for Swill’s pledgemusic album which was part way through recording when pledge went tits up.

The Raconteurs
this one for me... not often do i anticipate album releases these days but the raconteurs have always been my favorite of jack whites musical outputs... the sunday driver ep late last year suggests their output is of a similar standard to the previous two albums from previous.

Back