New Music Releases Thread

Avril is releasing a new single from her latest album. Ita called ‘I fell in love with the devil’. It’s a great song, arguably the best on the album. Give it a download, I reckon even non fans will enjoy it.

The latest single by Mattiel "Keep the Change" has one infectious hook/riff....constantly find myself whistling it at work.

Strong and powerful voice too she has.

Right, my quick review of new stuff I've listened to this week:

Younghusband - very good. Laidback indiepop. Reminds me of The Clientele when they're not doing their spoken word stuff.
Vanishing Twin - an enjoyable oddity. Reminscent to some degree of Broadcast and Stereolab at times.
Mark Mulcahy - Bob, Bob, Bob! Very marvellous. "What If I Go Off With Bob?" is one of the songs of the year. The rest is generally exceptional.
Dylan LeBlanc - the man who would be Ryan! His voice has always been reminiscent of Ryan Adams' voice but now he's made a Ryan album. One of the rockier ones from the mid 2000s when Ryan's arseholinity mostly was about trying to turn The Strokes into heroin addicts.
Jake Xerxes Fussell - again great! He reinterprets traditional songs and tunes in a modern way (well modern folk/country way).
Yeasayer - half decent synthpop. Solid enough but nothing wonderful.
Peter Perrett - builds on his solo comeback, which was excellent, to make something better. Superb!
The Divine Comedy - first time I've listened to them in years. A tad long (but I was listening to the deluxe version) but very enjoyable.
Jambinai - Korean folk/post-rock hybrid. Really good!
Plaid - Warp veterans have made their most commercially viable album. Enjoyable!
Pixx - debut was very good synthy pop. This alternates beyond rockier guitar based songs and Gothier synth based songs. Seems pretty good.
Wovoka Gentle - I'm filing this alongside Vanishing Twin. Not sure how to describe them. Indiepop combined with slightly off centre Afrobeat and other weirdness. May be brilliant!

Radiohead have put the 18 hours' worth of leaked OK Computer era outtakes/demos on Bandcamp for sale - all proceeds to a climate change charity
Who is this numpty not checking for threads about this on the main forum?

Right, my quick review of new stuff I've listened to this week:

Younghusband - very good. Laidback indiepop. Reminds me of The Clientele when they're not doing their spoken word stuff.
Missed this on your list last week - I'll give it go as I have one of their earlier albums from 5-6 years ago - Dromes. Recall thinking it was interesting.
Gave Silversuns a go this morning - wasn't overly memorable on first listen

Last edited:

Back