New Music Releases Thread

Last week of April and there's some exciting releases tomorrow. Abums from Aldous Harding, Amon Tobin, BAILEN, BB Mak, Craig Finn, Danko Jones, Foxygen, Guided by Voices, JJ Cale (posthumous release), Kevin Morby, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Lamb, Local Natives, Marina (minus her diamonds), Nick Murphy, Pink, PAWS, Pete Doherty and the Puta Madres, Rob Thomas, Soak, The Cranberries (their final album), The Damned Things (a bit of a metal/emo supergroup), The Mountain Goats, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Marissa Nadler & Stephen Brodsky, Guadalupe Plata, Josh Ritter, Nils Lofgren and Altun Gunn. It may be that the Sunn O))) album that was listed as released last week is actually out this week also.
That’s seems like one weird supergroup - the 2 non-famous members of emo-popsters Fall Out Boy, Scott Ian from Anthrax, the lead vocalist of metal core band Every Time I Die and the bassist from gothy pop-punkers Alkaline Trio. It’ll either be amazing or horrendous!

Aldous Harding, Sunn 0)), Mountain Goats, King Gizzard, Marissa Nadler and Local Natives for me

Foxygen if I can be arsed
NPR Choice page

That’s seems like one weird supergroup - the 2 non-famous members of emo-popsters Fall Out Boy, Scott Ian from Anthrax, the lead vocalist of metal core band Every Time I Die and the bassist from gothy pop-punkers Alkaline Trio. It’ll either be amazing or horrendous!
Bizarre that Adriano is also co-lead vocalist for A3 but doesn't do any vocals in this band. I'd never heard of them, so thanks for saying who they are - I'll check them out

Last edited:
During my research I discovered they also released an album in 2010
Yeah, I listened to 3-4 tracks off that after reading your post - pretty much straightforward rock/metal - nothing too interesting. Preferred the recent singles on Spotify.

My biggest education of the day was Sunn o)) - first track I listened to had Julian Cope on it being a complete fruit basket as usual :lol:

There’s another new Chris Shiflett single out today.

I know he’s been around forever and I already liked the 3 bands he’s been in, but he’s definitely been my find of the year. Saw him live in Edinburgh a fortnight ago too and he was superb (as was his band), and at £13 a ticket it was actually cheaper to see a real life Foo Fighter than it was to see a Foo Fighter’s Tribute band last year.

Last edited:
Be interested the hear the new album from pete dohertys new band

Also the courteeners new album is finished, i no a few on this thread will be happy to hear ;)

I wasn’t a big fan of the last 2 King Gizzard releases (trying too hard to get 100 albums out in 3 weeks or whatever they did 18 months or so back) but I like this one. I still preferred the albums with a bluesy rock edge but this has a lot to keep me interested.

I’ve also listened to the new Chris Shiflett single (he played it at the gig a couple of weeks back and it wasn’t probably my least favourite of the new material he played but still very good) and the new Mike Herrera single (loved MXPX when I was about 16 but grew out of them pretty quickly when I got into edgier punk-rock stuff - since then their singer has renounced religion and released a couple of acoustic indie-pop singles consisting of just him and a guitar. I like it but his singing voice makes him sound like some kind of cartoon character, suited to upbeat pop-punk but not necessarily “one man and a guitar” stuff)

who are they? i see they're headlining kendall calling this year & i can't think i know any of their songs?

You'll have likely heard of 'Not Nineteen Forever'. They're nout special (since their first album atleast) but have a huge fanbase. Played at the Metro Arena at the back end of last year and headline loads of festivals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back