New Music Releases Thread

Been listening to punk ever since I was young. It's on Epix or something like that. I was looking into it yesterday and it looks really good. Much appreciate it!
Worth watching the press conference of the launch, too. Pretty funny - panel discussion / Q&A with the likes Lydon, Rollins, Ramone, McKagan. Lydon pontificating and nobody able to get a word in.

Idlewild, Circa Waves, and WH Lung for me.

New season of I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats podcast premiered today.

Videos for Twilight Sad and Ex Hex singles also.

Idlewild, Circa Waves, and WH Lung for me.
Priests and Drums, too - busy week!

New Order - Movement- definitive box set out today

Last edited:

@Arkle you missed out the new record by the Underground Youth last week. Really good band, seen them live a few weeks ago
I heard the song "Sins" from a friend of mine who was playing it while we were, uh, puffing on some jazz cigs. Sounded like Sisters of Mercy on acid to me. Not a Sisters of Mercy fan, but I liked the song. Will have to check out the rest of the album.

Drums is definitely a Drums album.

Idlewild - I'm torn. Been looking forward to it (I preordered despite not being keen on the last one) and I definitely enjoyed listening to it. I do have respect for bands who "grow" and experiment with their sound and they really sound very little like the band I loved in that Hope Is Important - Warnings sweet spot...but truth be told, even though I enjoyed it, the standouts for me were still the couple of tracks that sounded most like old Idlewild. Maybe I'm just stuck.

Idlewild - I'm torn. Been looking forward to it (I preordered despite not being keen on the last one) and I definitely enjoyed listening to it. I do have respect for bands who "grow" and experiment with their sound and they really sound very little like the band I loved in that Hope Is Important - Warnings sweet spot...but truth be told, even though I enjoyed it, the standouts for me were still the couple of tracks that sounded most like old Idlewild. Maybe I'm just stuck.
I've been meaning to listen to the album but haven't gone around to it. I will go and give it a listen now.

WH Lung - like it - good editing music...

Circa Waves was solid if not spectacular for me. Felt the same about their last. Bit like the Desperate Journalist a few weeks back on first listen. I liked it, probably won't rush back to it, much like I only listened to DJ once.

@James thanks, will investigate - liked Happyness after you pushed them on here and bought an album. Is the artist name That Jelly Boy or was it that EP by Jelly Boy?

This W.H Lung record is absolutely brilliant. Wow.

Circa Waves was solid if not spectacular for me. Felt the same about their last. Bit like the Desperate Journalist a few weeks back on first listen. I liked it, probably won't rush back to it, much like I only listened to DJ once.

@James thanks, will investigate - liked Happyness after you pushed them on here and bought an album. Is the artist name That Jelly Boy or was it that EP by Jelly Boy?

I bloody love(d) Happyness. Two great records. Actually quite sad they've split up.

Yeah the band is Jelly Boy, EP is called Everybody Is A Universe. It's pretty good.

Last edited:

This W.H Lung record is absolutely brilliant. Wow.

I bloody love(d) Happyness. Two great records. Actually quite sad they've split up.

Yeah the band is Jelly Boy, EP is called Everybody Is A Universe. It's pretty good.
Hmmm, I will have to give this one another listen. Didn't really grab me on the first listen, but I might've just not been in the mood for it, sometimes that happens.

Circa Waves was solid if not spectacular for me. Felt the same about their last. Bit like the Desperate Journalist a few weeks back on first listen.
For the sake of clarity, I meant I felt the same way about CW as I felt about the DJ album - not that they sounded remotely similar. FFS, you'd think I didn't make a living from trying to make sure writing is well thought out and clear. :mad::lol:

I absolutely loved their last two albums, but i haven't been too struck on the two singles from this record from what ive heard

I absolutely loved their last two albums, but i haven't been too struck on the two singles from this record from what ive heard
I'm a very big fan of Post Electric, but I wasn't keen on the last one (still preordered it after the singles, went to the tour, and "literally" bought the tee shirt). I enjoyed this one on first listen, but I think it's me - I need to get over myself and not expect them to sound, in the main, like Idlewild anymore (unless you meant The Drums!)

I'm a very big fan of Post Electric, but I wasn't keen on the last one (still preordered it after the singles, went to the tour, and "literally" bought the tee shirt). I enjoyed this one on first listen, but I think it's me - I need to get over myself and not expect them to sound, in the main, like Idlewild anymore (unless you meant The Drums!)
Did you ever listen to the birthday suit? Ex guitarists band that sounded essentially identical to old school idlewild

I enjoyed the Idlewild album. I used to love them when they first started but went of them when they "matured", but I think this one is a bit of a return to the older stuff and is all the better for it imo

Back