New Music Releases Thread

New releases this week come from Best Coast, Dawes, Gang Gang Dance, Jack River, Jeffrey Foucault, Kamasi Washington, Nine Inch Nails, Panic! At The Disco, The Orb, Soulwax, Lera Lynn, Arp andThe Wave Pictures.
Looking forward to soulwax, the orb and best coast out of that.

Mike Shinoda - Post Traumatic (huge linkin park fan and was at chesters last gig so been keen to hear the music on Mikes album)
The Darkness - Live at Hammersmith
Of Mice & Men - Defy
Gary Moore - Blues & Beyond

Never realised Soulwax had album out so look forward to that and the Orb.

Also, for anybody into ESG / A Certain Ratio, check out debut album from Sink ya Teeth that comes out tomorrow. Previous EP’s have been very good.

Looks like a quiet one again for me. New Bad Religion single was released last night to mixed reception (not heard it yet) and I’ll probably check out NIN.

New releases this week come from Best Coast, Dawes, Gang Gang Dance, Jack River, Jeffrey Foucault, Kamasi Washington, Nine Inch Nails, Panic! At The Disco, The Orb, Soulwax, Lera Lynn, Arp andThe Wave Pictures.
Panic's new one is a bit disappointing in my opinion...

So, in a quietish week, somethings that haven't been mentioned....

Stella Donnelly - enjoyable/promising. Quite low key acoustic stuff. It'll be interesting to hear her with a band.
Dawes - like every Dawes album, it's a 7/10 for me. Well constructed, well performed, interesting songs but not enough oomph to make it special.
The Wave Pictures - interesting, quite low key and not as indiepoppy as usual.
Best Coast - it's their songs for children album. As such, it's massive fun! If you want a punk pop version of "If You're Happy And You Know It" featuring a middle aged Latin American woman talking over the top at times, this is the album for you!

Away from that, on one listen, I found The Orb's album pretty dull.

Halfway through the year this week and some big names release albums: Bullet For My Valentine, Charles Lloyd & the Marvels, Drake, Florence & the Machine, Gorillaz, Jim James, John Coltrane (a lost album), Let's Eat Grandma, Ray Davies, The Essex Green, The Interrupters, The Milk Carton Kids, Sons of Bill, Gwennifer Raymond, The Rock*A*Teens and Kody Nielsen.

Anyone on here familiar with Banditos? I saw on FB that they are supporting Sarah Shook in the states and are on same label so checked them out.

Really enjoying their last (2017) album.

Halfway through the year this week and some big names release albums: Bullet For My Valentine, Charles Lloyd & the Marvels, Drake, Florence & the Machine, Gorillaz, Jim James, John Coltrane (a lost album), Let's Eat Grandma, Ray Davies, The Essex Green, The Interrupters, The Milk Carton Kids, Sons of Bill, Gwennifer Raymond, The Rock*A*Teens and Kody Nielsen.
Anything I would like there? I’ll listen to The Interrupters, probably Let’s Eat Grandma and maybe Gorillaz, but no idea who any of the last 5 are.

Back