New Music Releases Thread

Anyone on here familiar with Banditos? I saw on FB that they are supporting Sarah Shook in the states and are on same label so checked them out.

Really enjoying their last (2017) album.

Anything I would like there? I’ll listen to The Interrupters, probably Let’s Eat Grandma and maybe Gorillaz, but no idea who any of the last 5 are.

I think I gave Banditos album before last a listen. Thought it was okay but not brilliant.

Of the rest of that list, not sure. Jim James' album may be decent (he's the singer from My Morning Jacket). The Milk Carton Kids are sort of indie-folk stuff. The Rock*A*Teens are an indie rock group who've made their first album in a long time. I believe Sons of Bill are alt-country/Americana, only heard the odd track but they get good reviews.

Off that topic, Uncut's new editor has posted his favourite albums of the year so far:

http://www.uncut.co.uk/uncut-editors-diary/best-2018-halftime-report-106117

He seems more in line with this thread than the previous editor was and a bit less experimental...

Halfway through the year this week and some big names release albums: Bullet For My Valentine, Charles Lloyd & the Marvels, Drake, Florence & the Machine, Gorillaz, Jim James, John Coltrane (a lost album), Let's Eat Grandma, Ray Davies, The Essex Green, The Interrupters, The Milk Carton Kids, Sons of Bill, Gwennifer Raymond, The Rock*A*Teens and Kody Nielsen.
:eek:

Oh, hell, had not heard of this... will look into it - thanks for the notice!

My top 6 after 6 months would be, in order

Amen dunes
Hookworms
Jon Hopkins
Confidence Man
Father John Misty
Arctic Monkeys.
I am really enjoying this album...

Parquet Courts
Parquet Courts
Parquet Courts
Parquet Courts
Parquet Courts
Insecure Men
Fantastic album

Last edited by a moderator:
A superb return to form after his last album.
Agreed... I have to admit that their last album took me a few listens before, but this one, I can listen to it all day...

It wasn't far off my top 6. In fairness, the only album in your list that wouldn't be close is Jon Hopkins, which I like but don't double like.
I am going to have to borrow that:lol:

The Mahones new album is meant to be out tomorrow, but Finny only posted on his Social Media last week that he’d finished mixing it, and the band’s FB Page has been pretty quiet about the release over the last week or so. I’m not sure if that means it’s delayed.

Might be one for @Crayola-Kid
It was delayed, was only completely finished earlier this week. Anyone who pre-ordered it gets it today and it’s going on streaming services next week.

Ska-punk is clearly not the most popular SMB genre but The Interrupters new album is a corker!

Last edited:
Pusha T
Young Fathers
US Girls
Hookworms
Jon Hopkins
Mount Eerie

That's probably my top six. Kali Uchis deserves a place in there somewhere as well.

Good to see a fair few British albums in people's lists.

Back