New Music Releases Thread

Looks like I missed albums from WarmDuscher, Morcheeba (didn't know they were still going), a Flaming Lips greatest hits comp and Rough Trade's End of the Road 2018 compilation from my list.

More an EP or mini album at 7 tracks and just under 25 mins long. His joint album with Kid Cudi (under the name Kids See Ghost) is supposed to be out next week as well.

Everything he's producing at the minute is seven tracks for some reason. Pusha T last week, his album this week, Ye & Cudi next week, Nas the week after and Teyana Taylor the one after. Pusha T's album is probably the best hip hop album of the year so far so if the rest is anything like that then fair enough.

It's just Kanye being Kanye wanting to be different probably.

Everything he's producing at the minute is seven tracks for some reason. Pusha T last week, his album this week, Ye & Cudi next week, Nas the week after and Teyana Taylor the one after. Pusha T's album is probably the best hip hop album of the year so far so if the rest is anything like that then fair enough.

It's just Kanye being Kanye wanting to be different probably.

Ah, that makes sense in Yeworld....

So, first releases of June yomorrow. New releasesa from Ben Howard, Black Thought x 9th Wonder & The Soul Council, Father John Misty, Ghost (Swedish metallers not the excellent Japanese hippies), Joan of Arc, possibly Kanye West (he reckons it's 7 tracks), LUMP (Laura Marling plus a bloke from Tunng), Mazzy Star (an EP), Natalie Prass, Neko Case, Oneohtrix Point Never, Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson, Richard Edwards (US indie folk type, not the one that's missing, presumed dead), Roger Daltry, Sons of an Illustrious Father, Norma Waterson & Eliza Carthy, Pieter Nooten, Juliana Daugherty, Julian Cope, Phil Cook andDave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore. Plus some metal, punk, hip hop, electronica, chart pop and tiny lable indie guitar stuff that I've missed, obviously...

Looks a good week, all in all!
Any other info on Cope? Album title or anything? Nothing new on Spotify today and when I Google him, there's no recent article/updates, nothing on wiki or his own page (his own page hasn't had an update since April and he apparently had a new Skellington [3] out in early April). Not seeing anything for today.

Any other info on Cope? Album title or anything? Nothing new on Spotify today and when I Google him, there's no recent article/updates, nothing on wiki or his own page (his own page hasn't had an update since April and he apparently had a new Skellington [3] out in early April). Not seeing anything for today.

Skellington 3 is the one I'm talking about. Amazon and a few other sites had it as June 1st. iTunes reckons it was released in 1989 but I suspect that's one of the earlier Skellingtons.

Skellington 3 is the one I'm talking about. Amazon and a few other sites had it as June 1st. iTunes reckons it was released in 1989 but I suspect that's one of the earlier Skellingtons.
Ok, thanks. When looking for info I stumbled across a weekly playlist of new stuff on an NPR station, if anyone's interested. Just Off the Radar. I'm listening to this week's and enjoying it.

Just Off The Radar – Episodes

Correction, not all "new" but mostly new!

Last edited:

Back