New Music Releases Thread

On the lookout for a very reduced price ticket for the National on Saturday. If anyone happens to see one for sale sub thirty quid please give me a shout.

Have listened to Parquet Courts and Courtney Barnett this week. The former is definitely a one that gets better with repeated listens, CB not doing much for me, think it's poor by her standards - that song about women being scared of men in the park is the worst thing she's ever produced by a bloody mile.

On the lookout for a very reduced price ticket for the National on Saturday. If anyone happens to see one for sale sub thirty quid please give me a shout.

Have listened to Parquet Courts and Courtney Barnett this week. The former is definitely a one that gets better with repeated listens, CB not doing much for me, think it's poor by her standards - that song about women being scared of men in the park is the worst thing she's ever produced by a bloody mile.
I have a lead. If it works I will text you

So, first releases of June yomorrow. New releasesa from Ben Howard, Black Thought x 9th Wonder & The Soul Council, Father John Misty, Ghost (Swedish metallers not the excellent Japanese hippies), Joan of Arc, possibly Kanye West (he reckons it's 7 tracks), LUMP (Laura Marling plus a bloke from Tunng), Mazzy Star (an EP), Natalie Prass, Neko Case, Oneohtrix Point Never, Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson, Richard Edwards (US indie folk type, not the one that's missing, presumed dead), Roger Daltry, Sons of an Illustrious Father, Norma Waterson & Eliza Carthy, Pieter Nooten, Juliana Daugherty, Julian Cope, Phil Cook andDave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore. Plus some metal, punk, hip hop, electronica, chart pop and tiny lable indie guitar stuff that I've missed, obviously...

Looks a good week, all in all!

So, first releases of June yomorrow. New releasesa from Ben Howard, Black Thought x 9th Wonder & The Soul Council, Father John Misty, Ghost (Swedish metallers not the excellent Japanese hippies), Joan of Arc, possibly Kanye West (he reckons it's 7 tracks), LUMP (Laura Marling plus a bloke from Tunng), Mazzy Star (an EP), Natalie Prass, Neko Case, Oneohtrix Point Never, Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson, Richard Edwards (US indie folk type, not the one that's missing, presumed dead), Roger Daltry, Sons of an Illustrious Father, Norma Waterson & Eliza Carthy, Pieter Nooten, Juliana Daugherty, Julian Cope, Phil Cook andDave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore. Plus some metal, punk, hip hop, electronica, chart pop and tiny lable indie guitar stuff that I've missed, obviously...

Looks a good week, all in all!

Very excited about Neko Case and Pete/Scarlett and will be listening the shit out of both all day tomorrow.

Had no idea Black Thought had another project on the go, I’m also very interested in hearing this!

Live it's absolutely brilliant.

Loved Scarlet Johansons Tom Waits covers album from......oooooh god I’d hate to guess how many years ago. So I’ll listen out for this new un.

Saw Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Bodega and someone else who I’ve forgotten the name of last week in Camden. Nowt special tbh but rbcf have potential as a sort of guitar rock version of the Go Betweens. Seeing em again next week.

Loved Scarlet Johansons Tom Waits covers album from......oooooh god I’d hate to guess how many years ago. So I’ll listen out for this new un.
She did a previous album with Pete Yorn in 2009 and it’s excellent - bluesy, folky, 50s influenced indie-pop. This one is an EP, if the single is anything to go by it has more of an 80s synth-rock vibe.

I don’t want to like as he’s a prick, but FJM is very good isn’t he

@James I think that ticket has gone sadly, I wasn’t first in queue sorry

Not to worry, thanks for chasing up anyway. I'll get one outside on the day no trouble I suspect.

Natalie Prass and FJM will be getting a listen this morning, once I pull myself away from Parquet Courts.

FJM is indeed good in first listen, less ballad piano driven than last one which I couldn’t get into.

Brian Jonestown Massacre have also put a new one out today which I’ve curtently got on.

Saw Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Bodega and someone else who I’ve forgotten the name of last week in Camden. Nowt special tbh but rbcf have potential as a sort of guitar rock version of the Go Betweens. Seeing em again next week.

Saw RBCF at End of the ROad last year, Really good, as are the two EPs, album's out in the next couple of weeks, I believe...

Back