New Music Releases Thread

So, tomorrow marks the first new releases of a post-MES world and we have an eclectic mix with albums from Calexico, Django Django, Marmozets, Migos, Nick JD Hodgson (the former Kaiser Chiefs drummer/songwriter). Nightmares On Wax, Nils Frahm, No Age, Rick Springfield, Sleeping Giant, The Spook School, Ty Segall, Dream Wife, Stick In The Wheel, Khruangbin, Guy One, Jim Ghedi, Nadine and HC McEntire.

Amongst other things, there's two Uncut albums of the month in there (HC McEntire and Ty Segall)

I’ve gone for the 2 albums of the month (surprised to find Ty Segall on Apple Music on Apple Music on release day as I thought his label were suspicious of streaming services) along with the Phil Anselmo & The Illegals which was missing from your list.

I’ve gone for the 2 albums of the month (surprised to find Ty Segall on Apple Music on Apple Music on release day as I thought his label were suspicious of streaming services) along with the Phil Anselmo & The Illegals which was missing from your list.

Rock's not my strong point (hence no Phil Anselmo). My list is basically taken from Metacritic, plus things I'm interested in.

I’ve just realised that Nebula have remastered and re-released their debut EP today, which is a nice surprise. I assume it’s a 20th anniversary release.

Similarly there’s a new Fu Manchu album out in 2 weeks time (Nebula formedfrom ex FM members).

Last edited:
The new Django Django album is doing nowt for me. Can’t gwtvaway with them at all now.

The liminanas is the best thing I’ve heard this year.

Everyone here too old and masculine for Dream Wife's debut album? :lol:

I really like it, polished up some of their EP stuff and thrown in some decent tracks with it.

New albums from Andy Cooper (ex-Ugly Duckling rapper) and Phil Campbell (ex-Motörhead guitarist) out too and I hadn’t realised.

Like I said, Metacritic or shit I like...
It wasn’t aimed at you - I follow both Andy Cooper and his label on Facebook and as far as I can see he didn’t make a big deal of it!

I’m enjoying HC Mcentire BTW

Last edited:
Moonboots "Moments In Time"

Early contender and i'm sure will be a strong one, for "Compilation Of The Year"

Balearic greatness

Not new but I'm listening to some of the bands playing at Label Mates this weekend. Dignan Porch - Observatory is a very good record.

This was a great day on the booze. Cold Pumas were excellent and I picked up their two records for a fiver each. Sad to see Faux Discx call it a day, a cracking little label.

Just gave that Spook School record a listen tonight. Canny.

Back