New Music Releases Thread

Quite like the Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile album. Not sure it's as good as either of their solo stuff though.

Really enjoying it on first listen. Likewise, not sure how it rates versus their solo stuff. Obviously, some of the songs are reworkings of older songs of theirs, anyway, and one track, I think, is a Jen Cloher song.

Courtney & Kurt - it’s very good
Beck - oh f***ing Beck. I freely admit to not being his biggest fan, but this is crap
St Vincent - love the early stuff, this is very average after a couple of listens. May grow on me
Stars - utter nonsense
King Krule - deserves a few more listens, potentially very good.
A Savage - ditto, not what I expected at all. Will give it another shot

Really enjoying Beck and Kurt & Courtney. Front Bottoms is ok, Transplants EP is horrendous. Still got Nerina Pallot and LA Guns to go

Courtney & Kurt - it’s very good
Beck - oh f***ing Beck. I freely admit to not being his biggest fan, but this is crap
St Vincent - love the early stuff, this is very average after a couple of listens. May grow on me
Stars - utter nonsense
King Krule - deserves a few more listens, potentially very good.
A Savage - ditto, not what I expected at all. Will give it another shot

I'd agree with most of that. Gave the Beck album another listen today and 'Wow' is still head and shoulders above anything else on there. Enjoying the St Vincent album, though. King Krule is really good. A Savage, to me sounfds a bit Adam Green. That Behind the Shadow Drops album you recommended is very good also!

A. Savage - enjoyable, particularly that Wild, Wild Horses song, really love that.
Courtney/Kurt - not sold, finding it a bit slow. I find his voice brilliant but his songs mostly crap though so it's maybe that. Only listened twice though
Ariel Pink - late to the party here but I love it
Wolf Parade - crap
Protomartyr - solid album but a little repetitive
The National - definitely still a poor record for me

King Krule & St Vincent on the commute for me tomorrow.

A. Savage - enjoyable, particularly that Wild, Wild Horses song, really love that.
Courtney/Kurt - not sold, finding it a bit slow. I find his voice brilliant but his songs mostly crap though so it's maybe that. Only listened twice though
Ariel Pink - late to the party here but I love it
Wolf Parade - crap
Protomartyr - solid album but a little repetitive
The National - definitely still a poor record for me

King Krule & St Vincent on the commute for me tomorrow.
Seriously on Protomartyr?

Wolf Parade is also good

I don't mind it. Think the album starts well and ends well but the middle gets a tad dull. Enjoyable overall though.
I agree it ends really well. The last song Something To Remember Me By would be great indie disco material if you still get Indie discos. Seeing them Friday at Newcastle Uni.

Tomorrow's new releases below. Things seem to be quietening down a bit?

Michael Head & the Red Elastic Band, Bully, Destroyer, Europe, GWAR, Jessie Ware, John Carpenter, Lindstrom, Margo Price, Niall Horan, Bill MacKay & Ryley Walker, Circuit Des Yeux.

Still four or five there for me...

Tomorrow's new releases below. Things seem to be quietening down a bit?

Michael Head & the Red Elastic Band, Bully, Destroyer, Europe, GWAR, Jessie Ware, John Carpenter, Lindstrom, Margo Price, Niall Horan, Bill MacKay & Ryley Walker, Circuit Des Yeux.

Still four or five there for me...
I’m very excited for Margo Price

Back