New Music Releases Thread

It's not special like. In fact this current track is wet

Scratch

@Arkle I bloody love Tides of Man

Thank my Welsh Man City supporting mate, I'd not have gone to see them without him and his post rock instincts and his lack of knowledge of today's music scene (ditto, him going to see WH Lung while I trotted off to see Let's Eat Grandma, who were, to be fair, very good indeed).

As far as albums are concerned:

David Ramirez' website calls him indie Americana. Pretty much nail on head! Very listenable.

Micah P Hinson remains one of the ultimate should be massive but isn't artists. The new album is marvellous (I'm going to suggest it'll be in my yearly top 5), part Richard Hawley, part early Lambchop, part Tindersticks, mostly Hinson... his best in a few years (possibly ever but I'd have to severely dissect his back catalogue).

So, September continues to spawn a monster amount of new album releases. This week we get releases from:

Deer Tick (x2), Foo Fighters, Ariel Pink, Emily Haines, Angus & Julia Stone, Gucci Mane, Gary Numan, Wyclef Jean, Yusuf (Cat Stevens), Lee Ranaldo, Kiran Leonard, Prophets of Rage, Ringo Starr, Son Little, Bark Psychosis (re-release of Hex), Antibalas and Willie Watson.

Actually, not sure that's all that great a list if I'm being honest!

So, September continues to spawn a monster amount of new album releases. This week we get releases from:

Deer Tick (x2), Foo Fighters, Ariel Pink, Emily Haines, Angus & Julia Stone, Gucci Mane, Gary Numan, Wyclef Jean, Yusuf (Cat Stevens), Lee Ranaldo, Kiran Leonard, Prophets of Rage, Ringo Starr, Son Little, Bark Psychosis (re-release of Hex), Antibalas and Willie Watson.

Actually, not sure that's all that great a list if I'm being honest!
Lee Ranaldo, Ariel Pink and Koran Leonard for me

I'm going to completely unashamedly say that I'm looking forward to the Foo Fighters and Prophets of Rage (especially the latter).

Back