New Music Releases Thread

Apparently Nordic pop punk wonderkids Sløtface also release their debut album tomorrow. I have no idea who they are but the kids might.
No idea who they are, but it's the best band name I've heard since The Front Bottoms!

Well I really enjoyed Death From Above's album. Heavier than the second, more pop/dance based in parts than either of their first two. First song on the album is excellent. Bit of a relief after that second single they released a month back was absolutely garbage.

Prophets of Rage is alright on first listen, but compared to the Bodycount record it's pretty tame. Neither the music nor the lyrics have the same impact as Bodycount.

Last edited:
There's a new track, Gaslighter, by Worriers on Spotify this week. It's their third track of the summer (Future Me, The Possibility) and I've liked all three - new album out in 2 weeks. Bit of a Weakerthans vibe to their stuff, if you like that kind of thing.

Never had chance to post but it's great. Running out of luck is mesmerising.

I haven't enjoyed a record as much in years to be honest. The hooks on it are amazing. The lyrics and the characters that are played are great, it's such a good follow up to the debut. I thought I'd be a bit sick of it by now but I've had on it repeat all week and I still love it.

I haven't enjoyed a record as much in years to be honest. The hooks on it are amazing. The lyrics and the characters that are played are great, it's such a good follow up to the debut. I thought I'd be a bit sick of it by now but I've had on it repeat all week and I still love it.

Yeah it's great. Just a really really good enjoyable pop record. 3 decades later and he's made a classic 80s record.
I've not heard his first, is it similar vein or is this one a real change in direction?

Yeah it's great. Just a really really good enjoyable pop record. 3 decades later and he's made a classic 80s record.
I've not heard his first, is it similar vein or is this one a real change in direction?

The debut is way more lo-fi. Similar theme lyrically, effectively the story of a failed tragic entertainer. It's not as good as this new one but it's still a solid weirdo record. I like it. The opener is great.

Back