New Music Releases Thread

Thomas Rhett , nothing but thieves and jack Johnson on my list to listen to over the weekend from today's new releases.

Didn't realise he had a new one out, I'll have to check it out. "Better Together" was the first dance song at my wedding.

Managed to drag myself away from the Counting Coins album to listen to Living Colour and give The National a third listen.

I think the SMB built The National up too much for me. I like the album, but I was expecting something spectacular the way you were all wanking over them last week.

Living Colour sound exactly the same as they always have. I enjoyed it.

Managed to drag myself away from the Counting Coins album to listen to Living Colour and give The National a third listen.

I think the SMB built The National up too much for me. I like the album, but I was expecting something spectacular the way you were all wanking over them last week.

The National are absolutely worth all the hype. This record is doing nothing for me though.

The National are absolutely worth all the hype. This record is doing nothing for me though.

Turtleneck is an absolute tune.

People who like more rocking music won't like them, and they're a bit one paced, but a lot of their music is stunning IMO.

This most recent album is decent.

quite like the new War on Drugs album. not musically ground breaking but nice hangover / driving music

I'm a big fan of Kurt Viles solo stuff, is he still involved?

Last edited:
I'm 7-8 listens in. It's a good record. It's an average National record

More or less what I think as well.

I'm a big fan of Kurt Viles solo stuff, is he still involved?

Don't think he's been involved since Wagonwheel Blues. Basically, when his solo career took off, he didn't have time for both. Looking forward to his album with Courtney Barnett later this year?

I've had my parents visiting so only catching up with most new music today (National apart)...

The National - mentioned above.
Margo Price EP - sounds like offcuts from her album but that's no bad thing. Well worth a listen.
Ted Leo - I'm a fan. This is good. No great leap forward and not as good as the wonderful "Hearts of Oak" (but very little is).
Twin Peaks soundtrack - forgot this was out. mostly the songs performed in the Roadhouse plus some of the incidental music. Very good!
Neil Young's "Hitchhiker" - a fair few of the songs are familiar in different versions (3 songs later appeared on Rust Never Sleeps). It's good, very good, a low-fi Neil Young album essentially.
Sparks - fun, fun, fun! Clever lyrics, witty, engaging, interesting.

Last edited:
The National album certainly gets better. 6 listens now and I'm a bigger fan, especially the latter half of it.

Don't think he's been involved since Wagonwheel Blues. Basically, when his solo career took off, he didn't have time for both. Looking forward to his album with Courtney Barnett later this year?

Ah right, ta. The latest single is rather catchy.

I am indeed.

Back