New Music Releases Thread

been giving the dears times infinity volume one quite some ear time the last few week there for some reason mate so looking forward to volume two, great band, great songs, great musicians, interesting arrangements imo.

the murry is taking some effort anarl since there's nothing as immediate as southern sky nor epic as little coloured balloons to grab your lughole, like on the graceless age iirc there will keep persevering, as you say there, high standards

Always thought you were a discerning gent, there mate. Two belters you've picked from the miserable Tennessee troubadour.

Giving The Dears a listen on your say so, there mate.

Tyler's album is called Scum Flower Fuck Boy. Sounds like one for the family.

I might try the Lana del Rey album, I've never listened to one of her albums before but I quite liked her set at Glastonbury a few years ago.

Lana del Ray's albums are usually enjoyable but forgettable. Worth a short term listen.

Lana del Ray's albums are usually enjoyable but forgettable. Worth a short term listen.

Might as well try it out, there's not much else there I like the look of or recognise.

I think Dan Snaith's new album of unreleased Daphni tracks is out tomorrow but I can't find a definite answer. Was scheduled for 21st July when it was announced for a few months back.

Might as well try it out, there's not much else there I like the look of or recognise.

I think Dan Snaith's new album of unreleased Daphni tracks is out tomorrow but I can't find a definite answer. Was scheduled for 21st July when it was announced for a few months back.

You're right. Fabriclive 93. Not sure why the 405 and metacritic both missed it. Pretty much jumps to the top of the list for this week.

Chris Robinson Brotherhood is good on first listen. It's standard CRB southern rock but lots of nice guitar work.

I heard the first solo single from Pantera as player Rex Brown. I'd read it was southern rock influenced classic rock but it just sounds like any old late 90s/early 00s American hard rock. I'm not holding out much hope for the album next week now.

The NIN EP is hit and miss, again on first listen. I really like the 1st and 4th tracks but the others range from average to booooooooring!

Last edited:
You can kinda tell the Daphni album is just a load of jumbled tracks with no real order or flow to them rather than a proper album, but I really like it a lot so far. The back to back combo of 'Hey Drum' going in to 'You Can Be a Star' is great.

After the dissapointment of missing out on York Hall tickets, Arcade Fire are touring big arenas next April. No NE dates but Manchester and Glasgow are closest. Tickets on sale friday.

I missed the Hayman Kupa Band album coming out. It's very good if you were a fan of Hefner and you're still partial to a bit of Darren Hayman. It's duets between him and Emma Kupa, of Mammoth Penguins, who are big faves of all my uber indie pop mates.

Aside from that, enjoyed the de facto Daphni album a lot (as it's basically a DJ set of his own tunes, it's difficult to judge what starts and finishes where). Chris Robinson Brotherhood is a bit more laid back folk rock than usual and Lana del Rey sounds wonderful but I'm not sure whether there's much substance there. I'm pretty sure it's an album that'll sound much better listening to single songs than as a coherent album.

New releases tomorrow from Arcade Fire, Annie Hart (of Au Revoir Simone), The Fall. Manchester Orchestra, Passion Pit (digital release of their self released album), Joywave, Prong, Rough Trade Shops' End of the Road compilation.

New releases tomorrow from Arcade Fire, Annie Hart (of Au Revoir Simone), The Fall. Manchester Orchestra, Passion Pit (digital release of their self released album), Joywave, Prong, Rough Trade Shops' End of the Road compilation.
Solo record from Pantera bassist Rex Brown too.

Passion Pit's is decent enough, I got it when he was sending it out to everyone on Twitter about five or six months ago. There's some good stuff on there but quite a few songs sound unfinished.

Finally got round to listening to HAIM's new album earlier this week. It's really not very good at all.

Arcade Fire album is even worse than I was expecting. Wow. Infinite Content, Chemistry and Peter Pan stood out as being particularly bad.

Last edited:

Back