New Music Releases Thread

friday 14th July and the new releases will come from Boris, Japanese Breakfast, Alan Vega (possibly), Neil Young (lost 1976 album Hitchhiker, seemingly), Lo Tom , Shabazz Palaces (two albums from them), Sheer Mag, The Dears, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Waxahatchee, Offa Rex, Twinsmith, Mura Masa (didn't someone on here make a vid for him?) and John Murry.

Should be something for everyone there!

Offa Rex is the one I'm looking forward to most - The Decemberists plus English folk singer Olivia Chaney. Also John Murry, of course and liking what I've heard of the new Shabazz Palaces stuff.
Love the Decemberists but never heard of this collaboration so will give it a listen.

Didn't realise Pains of Being Pure at Heart were still going, their debut was canny but heard nowt since.

I've been listening to the new Haim one this week. I'm enjoying it, wasn't disappointed at all. Think they've got some sort of documentary out tomorrow on Apple Music directed by Paul Thomas Anderson who did that live Right Now video for them.

Love the Decemberists but never heard of this collaboration so will give it a listen.

Didn't realise Pains of Being Pure at Heart were still going, their debut was canny but heard nowt since.

I've been listening to the new Haim one this week. I'm enjoying it, wasn't disappointed at all. Think they've got some sort of documentary out tomorrow on Apple Music directed by Paul Thomas Anderson who did that live Right Now video for them.

Pains of Being Pure's debut is still their best album for me. Good live band, should you get the chance!

Only a week late, but I've finally got round to buying Every Valley from PSB. But hit & miss on first listen but have warmed to it after a few listens.

Couple of good typical PSB tracks on the opening, tails off towards the end. Not sure that they do it quite so well with guest vocals, the James Dean Bradfield track doesn't do it for me. Their schtick is the music & spoken text from various broadcasts, it's their thing and when they deviate it's not so good imho...

Still a good album though, maybes not as great as the 1st two...

It's definitely growing on me, listened to it a fair bit over the last week. I also started on This Is The Kit and The Melvins earlier this week and have been enjoying both in different ways.

Music From the American Epic Sessions: 1920s music recorded on vintage equipment. No surprise that Jack White is on there! Double album so 32 tracks of blues, jazz, country, bluegrass and what can only be described as 1920s hiphop courtesy of Nas.

Was listening to the radio talk about this machine recorded straight to the disc (vinyl wax or something), powered by a counter weight - was a one take live system... seems the counter weight was on a some material rope thing that snapped...

Thankfully, Jack White being an upholsterer took it away to a local sewing shop & fixed the thing himself...

Back