New doctor who

Interesting to see when and if they ever go back to a male though.
If it was a difficult choice to decide when and whether to go with a woman, fuck knows what it'll be like next time round.
There'll be clamouring from both sides

I think they will go back to a male. Going to a second woman starts to cement the idea that the Doctor is permanently a woman now. They will probably alternate.

And your point?

Do you think that he watches it as a viewer, or do you think that he chose a female for publicity sake?

Don't you read? There has been constant muttering about a female Doctor for years. I bet that you thought that Farage was the first person to want Brexit too!

It's gone from a crusade to muttering in 2 posts. Your hyperbole knows no bounds :lol:

McCoy is my favourite old Who, probably because he was the first one I watched as a kid.
Overall he was really good, to be fair. Had one of the most interesting conceptualisations of the character too. His last couple of seasons were the closest the original series got to having basically a dry run for what Doctor Who is today. The show was inevitably getting cancelled at the time but he probably did enough in terms of improvement compared to the previous few years to help ensure that it didn't end up permanently stone dead.

He could regenerate as a carrot and it wouldn't be any worse than it's been since Eccleston.
I think the Dr's after the not very good Eccleston have been the best to date. Tennant took it to a new level and added youth to the dr which I think was an improvement over older farts. The even younger Matt Smith went back to the dr being an eccentric, a bit wierd. I feel sorry for Capaldi he had mostly crap scripts and that Coleman lass was a poor assistant. Bill the lesbian was much better I hope they keep her for the new series.

I think the Dr's after the not very good Eccleston have been the best to date. Tennant took it to a new level and added youth to the dr which I think was an improvement over older farts. The even younger Matt Smith went back to the dr being an eccentric, a bit wierd. I feel sorry for Capaldi he had mostly crap scripts and that Coleman lass was a poor assistant. Bill the lesbian was much better I hope they keep her for the new series.

She's gone already!

I just thought the stories got crap. It became breakneck dumbed down sci fi for the ADHD generation.

You have posted three times in this thread. Two of them attacking my posts. Are you jumping on a bandwagon? Remember little boy, it's respond to the post, not the poster.

You are rambling utter shite now, but I'll humour you in your time of need.

I'm responding to your post (I can't respond to the poster as I have zero idea who you are) and I've also posted more than that.

Dry your eyes. Ring the samaritans. Life will never be the same again.

Her commentary both amuses and enrages me.
I find myself nodding and thinking "Good point, that's true. Interesting, never thought of it like that"

Then it becomes "What the fuck? Don't be daft. f***ing loon".

Some of her Women Vs Tropes stuff is interesting and arguably correct, or at least worthy of debate. She ruins all that by going too far.

Still doesn't deserve death threats over it like.

So the last series had a black gay companion - who was shot by someone who was blue, had a temporary sex change into a Cyberman, before having a sex change back into a black gay woman who runs off with her omnipotent lesbian girlfriend - alongside the irl gay Matt Lucas, a transgender Master and now they've made The Doctor who has been male for over fifty years a woman, but they're not happy about representation. In the words of Capaldi, these people can fuck the fuck off.

They can bring her back if they want to its sci fi. Probably won't though with the new doc being female.
She would actually have fit perfectly and would have helped the transition, or even keeping Matt Lucas on for a another season would work better than how I imagine the new direction will go starting from a clean slate, which granted Chibnall is entitled to do just as the last two showrunners have. The casting of the 'companion' role and how they decide to use that bit of casting will determine how much of a mess the next few series will be, and I think they will be a huge, awkward mess.

How on earth can a woman play Dr who, an alien who travels through time and space in an old police box? It's unbelievable.
:)This deserved more likes.

Interesting thread. It seems that anybody who doesn't agree that a woman should play the dr has a tiny penis, is overweight, is a virgin who has never had a girlfriend and suffers from BO. Anybody who expresses that opinion in more than one sentence is OUTRAGED even thougn they have forwarded their view in a calm manner.
Is outraged the most overused putdown and attempt at stifling opinion on here?
Gotta love the smb though, that massive bastion of free speech and opinion.:lol:

Back