New doctor who

Can't see a woman in her 70s pulling it off tbh, she doesn't seem spry either so doubt she could do the physical side of the part.
If you wanted an older woman in the role, Maggie Smith would be fantastic, but no, it needs to be someone younger.

The original was a grandfather type figure but I think they can do more with the role having younger people in.

Pretty sure she's coming back. Heard her being interviewed recently, she's certainly hoping she's still part of the cast.
I was pretty sure that final scene was her dead and meeting up with her lass in the afterlife.
The scene doesn't make any sense if she's not dead

Miriam Margolyes as Dr Who

To be fair that would have been fantastic!!
Except if Peter Capaldi was a little strange because he wasn't swearing as much as he normally does, Miriam Margolyes has a mouth on her like a sewer

Last edited:
I was pretty sure that final scene was her dead and meeting up with her lass in the afterlife.
The scene doesn't make any sense if she's not dead

She doesn't need to be dead, as in really dead. She's just gone away into a different region, like Rose. But she's gone in the meantime from this region.

To be fair that would have been fantastic!!
Except if Peter Capaldi was a little strange because he wasn't swearing as much as he normally does, Miriam Margolyes has a mouth on her like a sewer
Imagine her telling Davros to get fucked!

Another opportunity lost by Auntie Beeb

She's never done a soap.

Jesus wept, your suggestions are two film stars, a goblin, and a yank. :lol:
If you've not enjoyed the Tom Baker episodes then fair play you won't get it. Imo the doctor should be a little odd, he/she/it is an alien fgs

Jodie Whittaker is a very good character actress but she looks like she's off Corrie not Sci Fi. She's nee Claudia Black

One promising thing is she's worked well with Chris Chibnall on Broadchurch, so hopefully the characterisation will be a hell of a lot better

Last edited:
Imagine her telling Davros to get fucked!

Another opportunity lost by Auntie Beeb

If you've not enjoyed the Tom Baker episodes then fair play you won't get it. Imo the doctor should be a little odd, he/she/it is an alien fgs

Jodie Whittaker is a very good character actress but she looks like she's off Corrie not Sci Fi. She's nee Claudia Black

One promising thing is she's worked well with Chris Chibnall on Broadchurch, so hopefully the characterisation will be a hell of a lot better
I've watched a lot of old doctor who mate, had a lot of the VHS releases the BBC did in the 90s.

She doesn't look any less odd than Tennant, Smith, or Davison.

If Claudia Black hadn't spent the better part of two decades doing Sci-Fi you'd complain about her too.

I've watched a lot of old doctor who mate, had a lot of the VHS releases the BBC did in the 90s.

If Claudia Black hadn't spent the better part of two decades doing Sci-Fi you'd complain about her too.

Not my favourites tbf

Tennant managed to pull it off with a swivel eyed loon approach and Smith looks odd anyway

Davidson was a bit shit and beginning of the end for the original run

Also I doubt very much the reveal costume is what she'll actually end up wearing

The bloke who f***ing writes it wanted a female lead :lol:

And your point?

Do you think that he watches it as a viewer, or do you think that he chose a female for publicity sake?

:lol: PC crusade

There's been no crusade. Dry your eyes.

Don't you read? There has been constant muttering about a female Doctor for years. I bet that you thought that Farage was the first person to want Brexit too!

Last edited:
Also I doubt very much the reveal costume is what she'll actually end up wearing
Was practically Capaldi's costume.

Edit:. I wasn't talking about the costume when I said odd. A lot of the doctors have had a unique look about them. Eccleston was pretty generic too but he's an ugly fucker so I didn't add him.

And your point?

Do you think that he watches it as a viewer, or do you think that he chose a female for publicity sake?
I think he chose it because the show has been stale as fuck for the last few years.

Not convinced a female doctor will fix that mind. Looking forward to the change though, could be interesting.

Last edited:
I'm sure it was talked about back in the McCoy/Colin Baker area and I'm sure Joanna Lumley was one of the names widely tipped about. For male leads, Jim Broadbent and Rowan Atkinson were talked about a lot too. I think that is one reason all three were used in the Comic Relief sketch.

I think Julie Walters and Jennifer Saunders were often talked about too. Julie Walters could have been very good.

I'm sure it was talked about back in the McCoy/Colin Baker area and I'm sure Joanna Lumley was one of the names widely tipped about. For male leads, Jim Broadbent and Rowan Atkinson were talked about a lot too. I think that is one reason all three were used in the Comic Relief sketch.

I think Julie Walters and Jennifer Saunders were often talked about too. Julie Walters could have been very good.

Intergalactic Mrs Overall?

Interesting to see when and if they ever go back to a male though.
If it was a difficult choice to decide when and whether to go with a woman, fuck knows what it'll be like next time round.
There'll be clamouring from both sides

Back