My lad got mugged last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 11.30 in that London. Walking back from the tube he was followed and surrounded by 5 kids. One of them flashed a knife and demanded his wallet (as usual it was fairly empty) and then threatened him if he didn't give them the pin number for his bank card, saying they'd hold him until one of them had used it, and woe betide him if he gave a false PIN. As they were holding him loads of cars passed and a few pedestrians looked away (this happened by a major road) until a couple stopped and my lad asked them to call the police. This spooked the gang and they cleared off. All this happened 5 minutes walk from our house where we've lived 20-odd years.

They managed to withdraw the £200 limit from his account (don't know his chances of the bank writing that off - he cancelled the card as soon as he got home) and he's lost his driving license, work ID card, etc. They didn't want his phone cos "it wasn't good enough". :D

The police have gone to the trouble of taking a statement over the phone and said there's not much more they'll do. When pressed, they said they'll think about looking at CCTV but no promises.

My general feeling is, thank god he's safe but what a shitty society we live in.
Get yourselves bacj up here mate. Fuck the Cockney kernts.

As opposed to you hitting the criteria even when sober

f***ing hell :D

dc tosh lines has been on the drink now piping up, came out with the idiotic comment earlier that punching some one in the face is the same offence as pulling out an mp5 on them.

our fantastic police force for you... jesus :rolleyes:

f***ing hell :D

dc tosh lines has been on the drink now piping up, came out with the idiotic comment earlier that punching some one in the face is the same offence as pulling out an mp5 on them.

our fantastic police force for you... jesus :rolleyes:

I haven't had a drink for a couple of weeks, you should try it, might help you to stop making a tit of yourself.

I didn't say that did I? If you had any intelligence or weren't so pissed then you would know that. Enlighten me with your knowledge of the law, what act and section of legislation is armed robbery?

I haven't had a drink for a couple of weeks, you should try it, might help you to stop making a tit of yourself.

I didn't say that did I? If you had any intelligence or weren't so pissed then you would know that. Enlighten me with your knowledge of the law, what act and section of legislation is armed robbery?

classic dodgy coppers quote. nobodys intrested son.

London is a densely populated city and as such has a higher number of scumbags.

My main issue with London is the sheer volume of ignorant bastards walking the streets.

It may have a higher number due to population but in my opinion it has higher percentage of utter scum than any other city.

I've worked all over the country and live in a supposed 'rough' city, the only laws that the people of London adhere too seem to be parking and congestion charge.

I’ve not lived there but have had mates who have at different times, most have had some negative experiences, by and large it’s unsafe compared to the places most people on this forum are from.

I live in a small town in Cambridgeshire and it’s safer in general than Sunderland for example.
My mate lived in Somersham for a few years, lovely place and people. Called in on me way yem from a south coast fishing trip one day, ended up staying the weekend. Never bought a round, they wouldn't let me. :D

My mate lived in Somersham for a few years, lovely place and people. Called in on me way yem from a south coast fishing trip one day, ended up staying the weekend. Never bought a round, they wouldn't let me. :D

I’m not far from Somersham, the people round here can be a bit cynical but they’re mostly nice.

I've never been mugged in London. So that's bollocks.

I got mugged south heaton/byker 5 months ago - 2 broken cheekbones,fractured eye socket, broken nose and multiple jaw fractures plus a few other bumps and bruises. They got my wallet and 2 iPhones. Didn’t even say anything just beat me up leaving me unconscious took the stuff and ran off. It’s on CCTV but the police have made no arrests as its poor quality and they gave hoods up obscuring their faces.

I would have originally agreed with the dig about London but the fact is there are arseholes everywhere Newcastle included (!!) and dare I say Sunderland too...

Reactions: GK
I got mugged south heaton/byker 5 months ago - 2 broken cheekbones,fractured eye socket, broken nose and multiple jaw fractures plus a few other bumps and bruises. They got my wallet and 2 iPhones. Didn’t even say anything just beat me up leaving me unconscious took the stuff and ran off. It’s on CCTV but the police have made no arrests as its poor quality and they gave hoods up obscuring their faces.

I would have originally agreed with the dig about London but the fact is there are arseholes everywhere Newcastle included (!!) and dare I say Sunderland too...

Why do you have two sheds and two iPhones?

Neither have I but something like this knocks you out of your complacency. Archway tube has notices telling you not to use your phone when leaving the station because of scooter gangs, and now there's kids carrying acid as well as knives...

Worrying when you've got kids.
How delightful.

Hope your son doesn't dwell on it too much and pleased he's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back