My lad got mugged last night...

Nope. Explain to me how its a FACT
i have been runnng a business in the NE for over 30 yrs . started as far back as 20 yrs ago , meeting more and more southerners ( not just londoners ) relocating up here , literally scores of em , when asked why up here ? the constant answer was , we want to live amongst brits . thats not my opinion thats the response from the customers.
Still going on , daughter sold her house in durham in november , retired couple from southend , they were saying that just in their street in southend , in november , a couple had moved to bishop auckland and another to barnard castle. It's mainly retirees ( brexiters i suppose like me ) there are 9 bungalows in the cul de sac I live in in my village and 5 of em are owned by southerners.
Oh and there's nee need for the foul mouthed response mind.

i have been runnng a business in the NE for over 30 yrs . started as far back as 20 yrs ago , meeting more and more southerners ( not just londoners ) relocating up here , literally scores of em , when asked why up here ? the constant answer was , we want to live amongst brits . thats not my opinion thats the response from the customers.
Still going on , daughter sold her house in durham in november , retired couple from southend , they were saying that just in their street in southend , in november , a couple had moved to bishop auckland and another to barnard castle. It's mainly retirees ( brexiters i suppose like me ) there are 9 bungalows in the cul de sac I live in in my village and 5 of em are owned by southerners.
Oh and there's nee need for the foul mouthed response mind.
Which word was foul? Explain?

You just seem an angry little fucker. I'd hate to see you drunk, I bet yer a propper little Tasmanian devil
I just enjoy highlighting f***ing idiot opinions.

What’s pissing me off mostly is the lack of effort from the police. I pay tax to be protected. Not to be told “we might have a look”

Fuck that. If they are strapped with budgets then I’d like to see all this money diverted from stopping cannabis possetion or stopping Kodi boxes and put that money towards keeping the public safe.
That incident is one step away from finding a f***ing dead body.

It's people trafficking, modern slavery, organised crime and protecting / safeguarding vulnerable victims such as abused children or people with disabilities that police are tied up with these days rather than the things you mention.

The most important thing is the lads alright.
Very sad that people simply look and walk away not wanting to get involved.

Sadly this scum know the Law and courts are weak.
Soft touch.
exactly, yet you have politicians saying they are simply racist

makes you wonder

basically as long as it all happens in the shitty areas no one cares, if its a muslim doing it in the name if islam or a white bloke being racist then its headline news, otherwise the attitude seems to be ... suck it up

It's so busy almost all of the time it is very safe unless you live in a shithole. The perception on here is miles away from the reality.

I’ve not lived there but have had mates who have at different times, most have had some negative experiences, by and large it’s unsafe compared to the places most people on this forum are from.

I live in a small town in Cambridgeshire and it’s safer in general than Sunderland for example.

London is a densely populated city and as such has a higher number of scumbags.

My main issue with London is the sheer volume of ignorant bastards walking the streets.

Acton went downhill rapidly once they shut the redback tavern
Agreed. Spent a neet in your cells around the corner once...”for my own safety”! Not charged. That John Bull pub ower Chiswick roundabout way was deadly.
I was at the Redbacks previous incarnations opening: The Acton Gin Palace in the late 80s. Nivver went back until it changed to The Redback and was full of Aussies. Loved their The Captain Cook further down and that shitty little pub on the pedestrian bit from the supermarket down to Uxbridge Rd then anarl but always preferred The Red Lion and Pineapple ower the road to them all though or the one further down with the pool tables towards Acton Town tube The Mill or summit.
Walked from there to Shepherds Bush Green once after the Redback shut at 2AM or so before I managed to flag a cab once. Cabbie says “I couldn’t leave anyone out there with those animals at this time of night”.......light off cash payment home as he lived round the corner from me. Jobs a good in.

He's fine.

I'm going there tonight... :eek:
Shacklewell Arms? I’ll tell you what it’s picked up round that way from when I first knew it 25 yrs ago. A bloody Hilton ffs!

I'm going to the Vortex jazz club. It's weird going there: it's set in one corner of a brutalist concrete square which at night becomes a hang-out for hoody-gangsta types. On the night of a gig you've got a queue of white, middle class, middle aged men surrounded by what looks like an audition for extras for Mad Max. :lol::lol:

It's like a scene from The Birds; quite disconcerting.
Aaaah

Last edited:

Back