My lad got mugged last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

i have been runnng a business in the NE for over 30 yrs . started as far back as 20 yrs ago , meeting more and more southerners ( not just londoners ) relocating up here , literally scores of em , when asked why up here ? the constant answer was , we want to live amongst brits . thats not my opinion thats the response from the customers.
Still going on , daughter sold her house in durham in november , retired couple from southend , they were saying that just in their street in southend , in november , a couple had moved to bishop auckland and another to barnard castle. It's mainly retirees ( brexiters i suppose like me ) there are 9 bungalows in the cul de sac I live in in my village and 5 of em are owned by southerners.
Oh and there's nee need for the foul mouthed response mind.
Yet the population of the north east England continues to decline and people are moving to London in record numbers

It may have a higher number due to population but in my opinion it has higher percentage of utter scum than any other city.

I've worked all over the country and live in a supposed 'rough' city, the only laws that the people of London adhere too seem to be parking and congestion charge.
I've lived all over and the roughest was Manchester. London was just a typical big city. I hated it, not because it was rough though.

I got mugged south heaton/byker 5 months ago - 2 broken cheekbones,fractured eye socket, broken nose and multiple jaw fractures plus a few other bumps and bruises. They got my wallet and 2 iPhones. Didn’t even say anything just beat me up leaving me unconscious took the stuff and ran off. It’s on CCTV but the police have made no arrests as its poor quality and they gave hoods up obscuring their faces.

I would have originally agreed with the dig about London but the fact is there are arseholes everywhere Newcastle included (!!) and dare I say Sunderland too...
f***ing hell. Hope you're ok, that sounds hideous.

Last edited:
I'm with you there however our town centres could do with some extra shoppers. Its not exactly a healthy sign that more people are leaving than moving here.

Newcastle, metro centre and Boro are probably the only places decent for shopping

Durham is utterly shit, just hope they keep filling it with pubs

I got mugged south heaton/byker 5 months ago - 2 broken cheekbones,fractured eye socket, broken nose and multiple jaw fractures plus a few other bumps and bruises. They got my wallet and 2 iPhones. Didn’t even say anything just beat me up leaving me unconscious took the stuff and ran off. It’s on CCTV but the police have made no arrests as its poor quality and they gave hoods up obscuring their faces.

I would have originally agreed with the dig about London but the fact is there are arseholes everywhere Newcastle included (!!) and dare I say Sunderland too...

f***ing hell the north east is a crime ridden shit hole, can't walk along the street without being physically assaulted for no reason.

Can you give a brief description of the gang i.e. colour?

I'm reading this thread and have to say that I feel so much better now that my daughter is living back up here. She lived in Luton but would be in London every weekend and I worried about her all of the time.
Thankfully, she didn't experience anything like the Op' s son did but reading of his experience brought back those nights when I would just wish she was back up here, thankfully she is now and hopefully she will not have to move back down south.

I'm reading this thread and have to say that I feel so much better now that my daughter is living back up here. She lived in Luton but would be in London every weekend and I worried about her all of the time.
Thankfully, she didn't experience anything like the Op' s son did but reading of his experience brought back those nights when I would just wish she was back up here, thankfully she is now and hopefully she will not have to move back down south.
She lived in Luton and you were worried about her going to London!

I’ve spent a lot of time in Luton, I’d far rather walk London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back