My lad got mugged last night...

Too much tyske

Perla iirc.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to live in a place where I was actively worried about walking somewhere or there was a considerably chance I might be harmed. I understand that there is a slight increase in London salaries vs other parts of the country but I literally would never want to live in London.

It's so busy almost all of the time it is very safe unless you live in a shithole. The perception on here is miles away from the reality.

The most important thing is the lads alright.
Very sad that people simply look and walk away not wanting to get involved.

Sadly this scum know the Law and courts are weak.
Soft touch.
To be fair to the passers by, other than call the police there’s not much the could/should do.

As has been said, give them your card and your pin, give them your phone whatever and walk away unharmed.

It really pulls on my conscience this as my inclination would be to steam in and get involved when the reality is, is it worth anyone getting stabbed, burnt by acid or beaten to a pulp for some material possessions.

I’d only jump in if the lad was actually getting set about. Otherwise I’d tell him to do what he did and hand it over.

About 11.30 in that London. Walking back from the tube he was followed and surrounded by 5 kids. One of them flashed a knife and demanded his wallet (as usual it was fairly empty) and then threatened him if he didn't give them the pin number for his bank card, saying they'd hold him until one of them had used it, and woe betide him if he gave a false PIN. As they were holding him loads of cars passed and a few pedestrians looked away (this happened by a major road) until a couple stopped and my lad asked them to call the police. This spooked the gang and they cleared off. All this happened 5 minutes walk from our house where we've lived 20-odd years.

They managed to withdraw the £200 limit from his account (don't know his chances of the bank writing that off - he cancelled the card as soon as he got home) and he's lost his driving license, work ID card, etc. They didn't want his phone cos "it wasn't good enough". :D

The police have gone to the trouble of taking a statement over the phone and said there's not much more they'll do. When pressed, they said they'll think about looking at CCTV but no promises.

My general feeling is, thank god he's safe but what a shitty society we live in.
Exact same thing happened to a lad i was in digs with in london 10 years ago. Held him by knifepoint to check the pin was ok. Bastards.

I'm not confused at all. In your haste to have a pop you've confused London with a particular area of London. And archway, yes, we went for supper at a friend's place there. Got the tube there and a cab back as it was late.

What the fuck is this drivel man
He just keeps repeating it. Ignoring facts.

its actually true , , lost count of the number of londoners who have moved up here in the last 25 yrs just to live amongst english people FACT.
Not a fact

I will ge pelters for this but gonna ask anyway , were they black ?
Exactly what the police asked me when i was mugged in manchester in the early 90s. They weren't black but shithouse salford smackheads.

Last edited:
What’s pissing me off mostly is the lack of effort from the police. I pay tax to be protected. Not to be told “we might have a look”

Fuck that. If they are strapped with budgets then I’d like to see all this money diverted from stopping cannabis possetion or stopping Kodi boxes and put that money towards keeping the public safe.
That incident is one step away from finding a f***ing dead body.

My mate lives in London and he carries a wallet with a fiver with a couple of old cards in it and an ancient phone to listen to his music on.

He's been done once, so he keeps his decent stuff hidden away and is happy to hand over his "muggers kit" if it happens again.

I'd move myself, but he loves the big smoke for some reason.

Last time I was down me and our lass were followed out of the tube late at night by about 5 lads, hoods up.
We were properly bricking it, but tried to stay calm.
As we got to the tube exit, a workmen for overnight rail works got out of some vans (about 40 lads, most over 6 foot carrying sledge hammers and the like).
I just wandered over and started to ask the time and direction to the hotel and if I could get a taxi etc.
The young lads hung around for about a minute and walked off.

We got a taxi from the tube that night.

What a crazy thread, glad the OP's lad is ok though, I see people are defending London and others who live there are posting things about signs warning about scooter crime, don't use your phone, some lads not taking a wallet out and only keeping a few quid on them, one having a Stanley held near his bollocks and making it seem normal, acid attacks etc etc.

Sums up my experience of London, the tourist areas seem ok but once away from those areas it's like the wild west infested with absolute scum. Why anyone would want to live there is beyond me, f***ing shithole.

Back