Multiple takeover talks breaking down

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder how much Stratford Loco Depot went for when they bought it to build the Olympic Park? Probably less than that tbh. If the Boelyn was in Knightsbridge or Kensington its value would have pribably been double what you got.
Stratford was contaminated land I seem to recall so yes almost certainly less per acre (although obviously that's a huge bit of land so the total may have been more)

Now it's some the dearest real estate in the country

Probably more than double if had been up West if anything

A story came out that Short wanted a share of any future transfer revenue and/or success.
That's not walking away or writing off debt or desperation to sell or in the best interests of the club; that's a man who, although no longer interested, can afford not to sell and purely wants to maximise his return.
"a story"! more rumour and gossip.

It wasn't debt it's our wage bill is still going to be high next year wellw probably make a 10 million loss at least.

And then we need new players and spending money won't mean we'll get promoted
I read our wage bill this is roughly 35m, which i think is the same as we'll get in parachute payments?
You'd expect us to trim the wage bill again next season.

I read our wage bill this is roughly 35m, which i think is the same as we'll get in parachute payments?
You'd expect us to trim the wage bill again next season.
Be a few leaving on frees but aye fingers crossed we can start to use our wages for players who earn their keep, I honestly don't think we'll do a leeds as they were on another level of broke compared to us, we just need a new owner and a little bit of investment to turn it around in that league.

Be a few leaving on frees but aye fingers crossed we can start to use our wages for players who earn their keep, I honestly don't think we'll do a leeds as they were on another level of broke compared to us, we just need a new owner and a little bit of investment to turn it around in that league.
Aye and they didn't have those payments. They give us a huge advantage, as long as short isnt planning on using tgem to payoff some of the debt.

We're hardly attractive to those looking to make a quick buck. It's got to be somebody with the foresight to realise the first several years will involve losing money, but if that gets us back in the big time then the potential is there to make it all back and more.

At least Short seems willing to continue to cover losses, which let's be honest is better than a lot of other owners who've packed it in would do.

I'm starting to think it's the running costs. I believe the debt can be paid off. The transfer money from Pickford and the second parachute payment alone would cover some of that and if Short is looking to waive the money he is owned that means a chuck of that is gone. But we are now in a league that the average wage is £6k a week and TV money and sponsorship will be way lower than before. So our income will be lower even if the gates do go up I'd imagine. That's the stumbling block. Our monthly running cost will not match our income and how can we pay that?

I think we might have to be patient with the new owners. We might have to spend 2 season in League 1 so we can rebuild for the future.

I suspect the problem is that with a lot of them their intentions will be good, but their bank balances won't be anything like what's required to put us back on an even keel. That was certainly the case with Fulwell73. Sunderland AFC is a massive financial undertaking.
Exactly. Why buy a league one club with £100 million debt and all the ugly issues when you can buy any other club in the league ( that wont need 10-25 transfers or loan issues to sort) for a fraction of that price? We are by far the biggest club in the league, but still in the league. A buyer wont give a shit about history, its whats on offer now. And whats on offer now is ugly as f*** atm.

What I think is the mess we are in can be at least attributed to some utterly atrocious financial decision making. I read an article in the Gazette today and I saw for the first time massive, glaring mistakes that no football club would even think about making. Such as signing Jack Rodwell for a fee and to a wage far larger than he is worth. Another I see is this fiasco over Ricky Alvarez. Can anyone name another club who had to pay so much to another club that wasn't a transfer fee? It seems we paid £9m for him and it wasn't even a transfer fee it appears. How can Martin Bain reverse that series of mistakes?

Chief executive Martin Bain discusses club’s persistent recruitment failures and starts summer signing drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back