Multiple takeover talks breaking down

Status
Not open for further replies.

How man, Bains comment about another “set of time wasters”, was him blowing his own trumpet yet again, intimating he had them sussed, the greasy bastard

Seems to me, you don't have a f***ing clue what short wants as add ons and neither does anyone else on here.
A story came out that Short wanted a share of any future transfer revenue and/or success.
That's not walking away or writing off debt or desperation to sell or in the best interests of the club; that's a man who, although no longer interested, can afford not to sell and purely wants to maximise his return.

A story came out that Short wanted a share of any future transfer revenue and/or success.
That's not walking away or writing off debt or desperation to sell or in the best interests of the club; that's a man who, although no longer interested, can afford not to sell and purely wants to maximise his return.

At the moment it's clear what's happening. Short wants to sell and is prepared to fund the ongoing running costs to keep things going until a buyer can be found. At present,he doesn't seem willing to put any more funding in to renew the playing squad and try to get back to the Championship,but where that leaves him in the event of no sale,I'm not quite sure.I'm sure his preferred option is an outright sale,where he gets some money back now even if that means writing some off in the process. In the absence of that,a story emerged that he might be willing to take less now and have a payoff as,when and if the club ever got back to the Premier. For all we know he could be applying that to his loan. We have the added complication of the US bank which is owed as much as Short,and no deal will be able to be done without their agreement. I suspect that,together with some still very unhealthy player contracts,is likely to be the main stumbling block.
In my mind,it's obvious the finances of the club are in a sorry state which is deterring potential buyers. However,sooner or later it must dawn on them that this is a football club and the way to put the finances right is to invest a bit in some decent players,clear out those who need to go and start winning football matches. Without a sugar daddy takeover,I don't see any other alternative.If Short maintains his current position,and no buyer is found,it's the only way he's got any chance of recovering any money unless he closes the club, gets planning permission,flattens the ground and sells it to Barratts,paying himself and the US bank off with the proceeds.

It wasn't debt it's our wage bill is still going to be high next year wellw probably make a 10 million loss at least.

And then we need new players and spending money won't mean we'll get promoted

People are shocked that groups don't want to buy a football club that is paying their most expensive player 70,000 pounds a week but that player doesn't actually play any football.

They also have multiple players that are loaned out yet are still costing the club 20-30,000 pounds a week.

Added on top to the fact the club can't get rid of those players as no one is willing to match the wages and the club has a ticking time bomb.of income that is about to run out completely when the parachute payments stop and a large external debt which all add up to not being able to pay the bills.

Colour me f***ing gobsmacked.

I'd love to invest in such a business.

Yep. Unless and until Short writes off the debts we are in limbo

Anyone else worried that multiple potential buyers have came to look at our books then soon fucked off? Fulwell73, The Germans, Adam Pearson.

Are we stuck with a Short?
Nodoby knows everything. There could be 5 or 6 potential buyers looking at the books right now in all fairness. Any takeover won't happen until July anyway imo

A story also cage out saying short wanted to sell and was willing to write off debt, so why believe the negative and not the positive story?

End of the day, not even the media will have a clue what is going on, so what's the point in making up negative shit.

At the moment it's clear what's happening. Short wants to sell and is prepared to fund the ongoing running costs to keep things going until a buyer can be found. At present,he doesn't seem willing to put any more funding in to renew the playing squad and try to get back to the Championship,but where that leaves him in the event of no sale,I'm not quite sure.I'm sure his preferred option is an outright sale,where he gets some money back now even if that means writing some off in the process. In the absence of that,a story emerged that he might be willing to take less now and have a payoff as,when and if the club ever got back to the Premier. For all we know he could be applying that to his loan. We have the added complication of the US bank which is owed as much as Short,and no deal will be able to be done without their agreement. I suspect that,together with some still very unhealthy player contracts,is likely to be the main stumbling block.
In my mind,it's obvious the finances of the club are in a sorry state which is deterring potential buyers. However,sooner or later it must dawn on them that this is a football club and the way to put the finances right is to invest a bit in some decent players,clear out those who need to go and start winning football matches. Without a sugar daddy takeover,I don't see any other alternative.If Short maintains his current position,and no buyer is found,it's the only way he's got any chance of recovering any money unless he closes the club, gets planning permission,flattens the ground and sells it to Barratts,paying himself and the US bank off with the proceeds.
I agree with much of what you say but the value of the SoL as a development site is very limited. The demolition and clearance cost would be huge. Remember too that half the stadium is below ground level. In addition there is plently of available land in the area where a builder would encounter hardly any or no demolition and clearance costs at all and thats one of the factors that drives the initial sale price of a new house.Land values and comparative house prices in the South East would make such a project down there worth considering but not in Sunderland.

Other than having a use as a football stadium the SoL has very little immediate value as a financial asset that could be quickly sold off for financial gain. If the club went bust it would in my view become a bit of a white elephant for several years . A bit like George's folly in Darlington.

Your analogy, does not make any sense at all, mate. His Ego might ve hurting, but just keeping us afloat in the foreseeable future, will cost him big time. The cretins who have signed all of the players on fairytale contracts, should be made accountable for this absolute shambles, that we find ourselves in:evil:
Agree but if he was watching his shop properly this could have been minimized & he would not be struggling to keep Sunderland afloat. The blame is on him squarely just needs to look in the mirror to wonder why he is in this mess.

Once all the loanees disappear who are the the high cost contracts and how long are we stuck with them ? Is there a competent realistic list around so we can see the extent of these running costs ?

People are shocked that groups don't want to buy a football club that is paying their most expensive player 70,000 pounds a week but that player doesn't actually play any football.

They also have multiple players that are loaned out yet are still costing the club 20-30,000 pounds a week.

Added on top to the fact the club can't get rid of those players as no one is willing to match the wages and the club has a ticking time bomb.of income that is about to run out completely when the parachute payments stop and a large external debt which all add up to not being able to pay the bills.

Colour me f***ing gobsmacked.

I'd love to invest in such a business.
We are also paying transfer fee payments from 2-3 years ago clearly

Multiple groups being interested is positive imho - however, it will also mean that Short will feel that he can hold out for what he wants. The more people interested, the less he'll be likely to negotiate from his starting position.

I refuse to believe that groups are getting half way through the due diligence and suddenly being surprised by how much we're paying Rodwell and pulling out. Its well reported. If they don't know simple things like that, then I'm not sure I want them running the club tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back