Multiple takeover talks breaking down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple groups being interested is positive imho - however, it will also mean that Short will feel that he can hold out for what he wants. The more people interested, the less he'll be likely to negotiate from his starting position.

I refuse to believe that groups are getting half way through the due diligence and suddenly being surprised by how much we're paying Rodwell and pulling out. Its well reported. If they don't know simple things like that, then I'm not sure I want them running the club tbh.

Yeah, much better having the people who rubber stamped that deal staying

Yes but the reasons why are never known. From what has been said publicly I don’t think it’s as straightforward as parties taking a look at the books and sacking off the purchase
Bain apparently say buyers are put off "once they look under the bonnet" which is a red flag for the underlying problems behind the scenes.

It wasn't debt it's our wage bill is still going to be high next year wellw probably make a 10 million loss at least.

And then we need new players and spending money won't mean we'll get promoted
It would pretty well fill the stadium though as well as breaking the current downward trend. It shouldn’t put much of a hole in the finances. I understand how Short feels but surely a small amount could make a big difference. Depending on kids and absolute cast offs will do the same again.

I think The Germans actually retained an interest even after looking through the books (amazingly) but were rejected by Short.

I am massively worried.

And yes. Unfortunately. For a very long time.
Although at the moment he is just keeping the club afloat if the present situation continues for some length of time without any sign of improvement I am sure that Short will conclude that he has done all he can and that he will pull the plug. I can't say how long that will be of course but I don't think that he has said that he's willing to meet the clubs financial shortfall indefinitely. Even billionairs reach their limit.

I agree with much of what you say but the value of the SoL as a development site is very limited. The demolition and clearance cost would be huge. Remember too that half the stadium is below ground level. In addition there is plently of available land in the area where a builder would encounter hardly any or no demolition and clearance costs at all and thats one of the factors that drives the initial sale price of a new house.Land values and comparative house prices in the South East would make such a project down there worth considering but not in Sunderland.

Other than having a use as a football stadium the SoL has very little immediate value as a financial asset that could be quickly sold off for financial gain. If the club went bust it would in my view become a bit of a white elephant for several years . A bit like George's folly in Darlington.
Permission to make a submission M'lud? Mr Short could flatten the association football stadium, re-open Monkwearmouth Colliery & employ Mr Rodwell and others in the gainful occupation of winning coal for the good people of Sunderland & its environs

I agree with much of what you say but the value of the SoL as a development site is very limited. The demolition and clearance cost would be huge. Remember too that half the stadium is below ground level. In addition there is plently of available land in the area where a builder would encounter hardly any or no demolition and clearance costs at all and thats one of the factors that drives the initial sale price of a new house.Land values and comparative house prices in the South East would make such a project down there worth considering but not in Sunderland.

Other than having a use as a football stadium the SoL has very little immediate value as a financial asset that could be quickly sold off for financial gain. If the club went bust it would in my view become a bit of a white elephant for several years . A bit like George's folly in Darlington.

Yeah,good post marra.I was being a little tongue in cheek.

Permission to make a submission M'lud? Mr Short could flatten the association football stadium, re-open Monkwearmouth Colliery & employ Mr Rodwell and others in the gainful occupation of winning coal for the good people of Sunderland & its environs

It's a great suggestion,but Mr Rodwell's not very well you know.

Although at the moment he is just keeping the club afloat if the present situation continues for some length of time without any sign of improvement I am sure that Short will conclude that he has done all he can and that he will pull the plug. I can't say how long that will be of course but I don't think that he has said that he's willing to meet the clubs financial shortfall indefinitely. Even billionairs reach their limit.

Excuse my ignorance of financial matters but 'pull the plug' on what? Any deals or his time at the club? He did it last summer. He pulled the plug on any incoming deals and concluded he should after all stay. But I want him to pull the plug on his time at the club and realize he needs to stop messing around and just sell to someone.

Excuse my ignorance of financial matters but 'pull the plug' on what? Any deals or his time at the club? He did it last summer. He pulled the plug on any incoming deals and concluded he should after all stay. But I want him to pull the plug on his time at the club and realize he needs to stop messing around and just sell to someone.
I think the problem may be that nee bugger wants to buy marra

Even down here we "only" got 30 odd million for the Boleyn and that's at London prices!

Anyone else worried that multiple potential buyers have came to look at our books then soon fucked off? Fulwell73, The Germans, Adam Pearson.

Are we stuck with a Short?

I suspect the problem is that with a lot of them their intentions will be good, but their bank balances won't be anything like what's required to put us back on an even keel. That was certainly the case with Fulwell73. Sunderland AFC is a massive financial undertaking.

Even down here we "only" got 30 odd million for the Boleyn and that's at London prices!
I wonder how much Stratford Loco Depot went for when they bought it to build the Olympic Park? Probably less than that tbh. If the Boelyn was in Knightsbridge or Kensington its value would have pribably been double what you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back