Moyes Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser :cool:

MOYES: "I'd have rather have been in the @EmiratesFACup but we tried to use the time as well as we could."

MOYES: "It was a busy period over Christmas and New Year so it was good to have a few days off, but we trained everyday."

MOYES: "It was a chance to get together but we didn't do a lot differently in terms of training."

MOYES: "I have a choice to make with the goalkeepers. @JPickford1 is back in training and we'll have to see if he's ready."

MOYES: "Kirchhoff has been training this week but he's not ready to play and he needs more time. We'll see how he is next week."

MOYES: "@therealstevenpi has a little problem with his calf, but apart from that we're okay."

MOYES: "I have incredible memories of @Everton but I also go back knowing I had a great chairman and great people around me."

MOYES: "It was the rebuilding of a football club and we went on to qualify for the @ChampionsLeague with a very limited budget."

MOYES: "I want to go back to @Everton and win. We need the three points and I want to win there with Sunderland."

MOYES: "Lukaku is a really good player and @Everton are famed for their number 9s - he fits that mould. We need to stop him."

Still ongoing...

They've certainly been blessed in recent years with famous num 9's. Didn't go as far back as Andy Gray.

Paul Rideout
David Unsworth Duncan Ferguson James Beattie
Landon Donovan
Mo Johnston
Tony Cottee Kevin Campbell Louis Saha
Arouna Koné
Stuart Barlow

Lukaku by far the best of them

Worries me that he thinks there's actually a choice to be made between Vito and Pickford mind..

He did qualify it by saying it depends if Pickford's ready.

If Pickford only has the use of one arm he should play instead of Mannone

Last edited:
They've certainly been blessed in recent years with famous num 9's. Didn't go as far back as Andy Gray.

Paul Rideout
David Unsworth Duncan Ferguson James Beattie
Landon Donovan
Mo Johnston
Tony Cottee Kevin Campbell Louis Saha
Arouna Koné
Stuart Barlow

Lukaku by far the best of them

He did qualify it by saying it depends if Pickford's ready.

If Pickford only has the use of one arm he should play before Mannone
looked more than ready in the open training session. Suppose we aren't coaches/physios etc mind but for me if you're fit enough for the bench you're fit enough to play.

MOYES: "I'd have rather have been in the @EmiratesFACup but we tried to use the time as well as we could."

MOYES: "It was a busy period over Christmas and New Year so it was good to have a few days off, but we trained everyday."

MOYES: "It was a chance to get together but we didn't do a lot differently in terms of training."

MOYES: "I have a choice to make with the goalkeepers. @JPickford1 is back in training and we'll have to see if he's ready."

MOYES: "Kirchhoff has been training this week but he's not ready to play and he needs more time. We'll see how he is next week."

MOYES: "@therealstevenpi has a little problem with his calf, but apart from that we're okay."

MOYES: "I have incredible memories of @Everton but I also go back knowing I had a great chairman and great people around me."

MOYES: "It was the rebuilding of a football club and we went on to qualify for the @ChampionsLeague with a very limited budget."

MOYES: "I want to go back to @Everton and win. We need the three points and I want to win there with Sunderland."

MOYES: "Lukaku is a really good player and @Everton are famed for their number 9s - he fits that mould. We need to stop him."

Still ongoing...
Nee mention of practice on set piece routine, he must be trying to make Everton complacent;)

He can't just come straight out and say Mannone has been shite so Jordan is straight back in. Has to look like he's thinking about it.
why not? It would be better if he just came out and say what everyone knows. Mannone is a championship standard keeper and Pickford is already streets ahead

why not? It would be better if he just came out and say what everyone knows. Mannone is a championship standard keeper and Pickford is already streets ahead

And then what do you do if Pickford picks up another injury? We could hardly recall Mannone, who's confidence will be in bits. And Mannone is every bit a confidence player.

Still ongoing...

MOYES: "We served notice to 50 staff this week, but the lads had a nice bike ride in central park"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back