Moving in together

It’s perfect as the sex is good and we are on the same wavelength.

people who sit in separate rooms,sleep in separate beds,go to bed at different times,blokes sitting up drinking on their own are in troubled marriage and are living a sham .
On the flip side people who have a problem doing these things tend to to be under the thumb or have been with their partners since being kids and know no different.

It’s perfect as the sex is good and we are on the same wavelength.

people who sit in separate rooms,sleep in separate beds,go to bed at different times,blokes sitting up drinking on their own are in troubled marriage and are living a sham .

We don't do it, but the sleeping in separate beds is supposed to give you a better night's sleep.

The rest of what you posted is just nonsense. You sound like one of those couples who wears matching jumpers & says "eee, we've never had a night apart in 20 years" as though it's some kind of achievement when its actually quite sad that you never get away with mates.

We don't do it, but the sleeping in separate beds is supposed to give you a better night's sleep.

The rest of what you posted is just nonsense. You sound like one of those couples who wears matching jumpers & says "eee, we've never had a night apart in 20 years" as though it's some kind of achievement when its actually quite sad that you never get away with mates.
I know quite a few couples who sleep in separate rooms. My wife & I both agree that if any of us ever suggest that, the marriage is in a spot of bother.

It may work for some people, but I wouldn't have it.

Got to say like, I’m happily married but the picture you paint is a bit suffocating. We love each other, but she loves it when I’m playing footy 8-9 & the bairns are in bed as she gets to watch her programmes. I love the odd night sitting up until daft o’clock drinking beer & watching gigs on YouTube.

I think having your own time is far from a sham, in fact, it’s healthy.
It is ,I spend a lot of time in the garden ,garage or gym whilst she sorts baits out etc.However come 9:00 we sit and watch tv together and go to bed together

It is ,I spend a lot of time in the garden ,garage or gym whilst she sorts baits out etc.However come 9:00 we sit and watch tv together and go to bed together
We go to bed the majority of the time together like. But it’s not a rule.

Curious though, do you go out with your mates & her her mates? I love spending time with my wife, but Saturday a few of the lads are out celebrating one of the lad’s nee born. Friday night I’m at the match & looking forward to a drink with me dad. I’d guess both nights owa lass will be in bed long before me.

Just curious as to what the SMB thinks of this.

I moved in with my wife around 10 weeks after starting to see each other. I have mates who lived with their parents til getting a house together and split up after a few months… some of these were 5 year relationships.

I suppose my question is, can you really know someone before living with them? And is it worth doing before embarking on something as serious as a mortgage together?

That is really quick if you ask me.
Mrs K was living at home when I met her. I was in my flat in Manchester. We were dating for a while and then in 2012, we bought a house together.
Parents were a bit concerned as we'd not lived together properly but if it had gone totally tits up, she could have moved back home and I to my flat and either sold or done something with the house. No idea as it didn't come to that!
Thankfully it all worked out well, but I think we'd spent enough time with each other that we knew what we were likely letting ourselves in for.

I left home to move in with a lass when I was 18
I'm 38 and I've only ever lived alone for a couple of years or so altogether since then
Been with a few different ones like
I just don't like ironing my own shirts

Got to say like, I’m happily married but the picture you paint is a bit suffocating. We love each other, but she loves it when I’m playing footy 8-9 & the bairns are in bed as she gets to watch her programmes. I love the odd night sitting up until daft o’clock drinking beer & watching gigs on YouTube.

I think having your own time is far from a sham, in fact, it’s healthy.
I was best man for a football nut a while ago and in my speech advised the bride to get a hobby she could do on Saturdays as a joke, but ended by seriously saying that she'd have more Saturdays she was delighted he was out than miserable.

I know quite a few couples who sleep in separate rooms. My wife & I both agree that if any of us ever suggest that, the marriage is in a spot of bother.

It may work for some people, but I wouldn't have it.
After 24 years together we spoke after Christmas about separate duvets! I was sick of waking up freezing while she had the whole double duvet. Crikes, I said, that's just on my dear!(or words to that effect)

I was best man for a football nut a while ago and in my speech advised the bride to get a hobby she could do on Saturdays as a joke, but ended by seriously saying that she'd have more Saturdays she was delighted he was out than miserable.
Mind, 29 years this year as a season ticket holder, our lass during lockdown “are you watching the match again today?!”

Nowt’s changed yer daft bint, Sunderland’s still playing so I’m watching it.

Mind, 29 years this year as a season ticket holder, our lass during lockdown “are you watching the match again today?!”

Nowt’s changed yer daft bint, Sunderland’s still playing so I’m watching it.
Exactly the same here, but with the card game I play and it being virtual not in person.

"Why are you in a rush?"

"I've got cards at half 6"

"WHY DOES IT HAVE TO START SO EARLY?"

"I've had this argument with you every Friday for the last 6 months...."

We go to bed the majority of the time together like. But it’s not a rule.

Curious though, do you go out with your mates & her her mates? I love spending time with my wife, but Saturday a few of the lads are out celebrating one of the lad’s nee born. Friday night I’m at the match & looking forward to a drink with me dad. I’d guess both nights owa lass will be in bed long before me.
Used to loads,recently not so much tbh.

I enjoy nights out with mates ,but they are not every week as they used to be.Me and our lass prefer to go out together for something to eat etc.
Horlicks or Ovaltine ?
Yorkshire tea che

Last edited:
The Indian lads I worked with used to be fascinated with tales from the Brits and Aussies about having lasses move in with you prior to marriage when they had to have a arranged one.

They used to think it was mental but as I explained you wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test drive would you?

Back