Moving in together

Glad it worked out for you but that’s some terrible advice.
Not if you get the right personalities. As I said, me & owa lass bought together, we were early 20s, but we’re very happy we both were heading in the same direction. This’ll be a part why so many people in their 30s still live with their Mam’s & Dads. Scared to trust their own judgment

Why?

For people who get together later on in life, it's probably the done thing that one person just moves in with the other.

We were the same. I owned mine, she was renting. Am I meant to just sell up for the sake of it?

No, I meant that last bit.

We were together for about 8 months before moving in. That was over 3 years ago and now weddings are getting mentioned a lot :lol:
We’ve been married 11 years yesterday. I loved everything about our wedding. The stag dos, the lead up, the day, all our friends being together in one place celebrating, the honeymoon. However, fuck all changed in our relationship after, apart from her surname. Which I think is the way it should be. If getting married is supposed to change anything it’s possibly best not to get married.

Glad it worked out for you but that’s some terrible advice.
Why? Don’t we do things that feel right and avoid things that feel wrong?
I know I’ve side stepped things that were probably the right thing to do without a niggle saying not too and I’ve done stuff that says avoid at all costs but I’ve done it anyway.
relationships are no different to any other life decisions and sometimes you just need to crack on as you could spend a lifetime wondering if it’s the right thing. If it doesn’t feel right then it probably isn’t

Is this not just our minds playing tricks. Remember, when we were kids everything seemed bigger. Our hands were smaller for one. Maybe it’s a matter of perspective? Six inches back then was a lot bigger than six inches now.
What?? You`ll be telling me that Curly Wurly`s are the same size as they used to be next and they they haven`t shrunk :eek:

I asked my missus to go on holiday fairly early on. You learn a lot about people when you’re away, especially in the sun. Worked out well and I’d say I know from that point that we’d likely work out

aye one of my mates went to Vegas with his lass a few years ago and he bought a ring to propose while out there. She did his head in and he split with her soon as they got back

Similar time for me. I imagine whether or not it works heavily depends on the person’s lifestyle.

Living with their parents while they’re an adult then moving in with a lass is always going to be difficult, especially if the lass isn’t up for making their packed lunch etc.
Always make your own then you can only blame yourself if it's shite.

People seem so ready to just give up on a relationship or marriage these days, it’s like one argument and I’m off. It’s unrealistic that it’s all going to be sweetness and light the whole time.
This is spot on.Me and our lass have the happiest marriage out of everyone I know but even us now and then need to have a word with ourselves.

I think a good barometer of how Healthy a relationship is ,is the sex life.We are generally exploring one another’s body at least 4 times a week which I think is a good sign.Couple of friends in Troubled marriages go for weeks/months without sex which for me I’d call it a day and be away like a shot,kids or no kids.

Back