Moving in together

You mean the Daddy issues types? Stamp their feet and go in huffs when they don't get things their way? Face like a smacked arse unless they're getting stuff bought for them?

Pretty much. Move in with a fella and things like the bins being taken out, cutting the grass, any electrical or building type repairs fall under ‘men’s jobs’ but bring up so called traditional women’s roles and they run a mile. Actually add to that the bloke is now expected to act as a chauffeur.

Seems like at times young couples can’t talk to each other. Think someone mentioned on here that it seemed quick that I’ve moved in with my missus. Maybe so, circumstances meant it was a good option - she was in a house share with her ex and I wanted out of my parents. Got a month by month rental agreement so it was easy breakable anyway.

We did spend a fortnight discussing various things beforehand though. For instance to this day I still do the dishes while she does the washing… takes compromise.

Pretty much. Move in with a fella and things like the bins being taken out, cutting the grass, any electrical or building type repairs fall under ‘men’s jobs’ but bring up so called traditional women’s roles and they run a mile. Actually add to that the bloke is now expected to act as a chauffeur.

Seems like at times young couples can’t talk to each other. Think someone mentioned on here that it seemed quick that I’ve moved in with my missus. Maybe so, circumstances meant it was a good option - she was in a house share with her ex and I wanted out of my parents. Got a month by month rental agreement so it was easy breakable anyway.

We did spend a fortnight discussing various things beforehand though. For instance to this day I still do the dishes while she does the washing… takes compromise.
We’ve got “boy jobs” & “girl jobs”. She’s created most of them, feminists would have a field day. I do all the stuff in the loft, she’s never touched the lawnmower. One stripped the wallpaper recently. She does most of the cooking, definitely the dishes as she can’t stand them being left & rings for takeaways.

Natirally couple develop roles, outmost are a bit gender reflective

We’ve got “boy jobs” & “girl jobs”. She’s created most of them, feminists would have a field day. I do all the stuff in the loft, she’s never touched the lawnmower. One stripped the wallpaper recently. She does most of the cooking, definitely the dishes as she can’t stand them being left & rings for takeaways.

Aye we had the loft done last year, she’s still not been in it.

Saying that I’ve never changed the bog roll or rotated the towels.

Some things just are what they are

For the young thesedays it’s difficult to move in whilst saving for a place and this pandemic is only going to make it worse

Aye we had the loft done last year, she’s still not been in it.

Saying that I’ve never changed the bog roll or rotated the towels.

Some things just are what they are
I change bog roll all the time. She must just walk about with a pissy fanny or wipe it on me towel.

My worst job is hoying 3 black bags of “summer clothes” into the loft & getting the “winter clothes” down. I’ve only got clothes. Was warm today in my parka mind.

I’ll give my missus her due, she was in the loft with on Saturday, dragging the stuff about for me to take down the ladder. Nothing is going in the loft when we move!

I change bog roll all the time. She must just walk about with a pissy fanny or wipe it on me towel.

My worst job is hoying 3 black bags of “summer clothes” into the loft & getting the “winter clothes” down. I’ve only got clothes. Was warm today in my parka mind.
Aye, I’ve just got clothes. Is it sunny, shorts. Is it raining, trousers (of some description), going out t shirt, going out out shirt etc. Got a shirt on and it’s sunny, roll the sleeves up and lose a button.

What luxuries? Haven’t been on holiday in 2 year, house prices up 7.5% within a year making it even more difficult

Await the inevitable backlash mate about those expensive coffees you drink and the latest iPhone you have.

Try to ignore the fact you don’t have these things and that these comments will largely come from people who bought their first home on one wage and when the cost of living wasn’t continuously rising in comparison to wages.

What luxuries? Haven’t been on holiday in 2 year, house prices up 7.5% within a year making it even more difficult
£60 a month phones .
Nights out .
The German whip.
Holidays .
Clothes .

and the biggest thing not willing to work all the hrs available to save the money to get a deposit etc.
another factor is young people are not willing to buy an ex council house or a cottage etc to get them on the ladder.They want the £300k house from the off,I can’t blame them mind but at the same time I couldn’t think of nowt worse than living at home in my mid to late 20’s.

as you say though,now is possibly the worst time in this pandemic to buy a house as people have went nuts.My bullet points above are a generalisation of young peoples mentality in normal times.Spoilt.
Await the inevitable backlash mate about those expensive coffees you drink and the latest iPhone you have.

Try to ignore the fact you don’t have these things and that these comments will largely come from people who bought their first home on one wage and when the cost of living wasn’t continuously rising in comparison to wages.
Nonsense ,credit has never been so cheap and available

Doesn't that contradict your argument a bit as people have saved a fortune from not going away or not being able to go out to pubs & restaurants etc

£60 a month phones .
Nights out .
The German whip.
Holidays .
Clothes .

and the biggest thing not willing to work all the hrs available to save the money to get a deposit etc.
another factor is young people are not willing to buy an ex council house or a cottage etc to get them on the ladder.They want the £300k house from the off,I can’t blame them mind but at the same time I couldn’t think of nowt worse than living at home in my mid to late 20’s.

as you say though,now is possibly the worst time in this pandemic to buy a house as people have went nuts.My bullet points above are a generalisation of young peoples mentality in normal times.Spoilt.

Nonsense ,credit has never been so cheap and available

Told you @Upthere first thing mentioned - phone contract and nights out :lol:

So you shouldn’t be living with your parents mid to late 20’s. There’s a stigma attached to that.

What you should be doing is renting and paying off someone else’s mortgage. This freedom that you’ve now got though you can’t enjoy it because nights out are also a no go.

So while you’re working all the hours god sends throughout your 20’s you then get to go back to your house-share, sit about in your Primarni and H&M clobber because decent clothes are a no go and watch freeview.

Don’t worry though because credit is easily available. You’ll be able to get a starter home that you’ll inevitably have to sink a load more money into. Whilst also putting money aside for when your fixed rate ends in five years and you have to go through the whole mortgage process again.

You should be ready for a holiday by the time you’re 35 or so…. that’s if you don’t want kids by this point.

As always some people on these threads assume everyone young lives at home whilst splashing out money on iPhones and expensive cars. Whilst this is the case for some, a lot of people move out for university or whatever and then it is a struggle to both rent a place and save for a deposit, unless you do absolutely nowt (and I mean nowt) socially for years which seems a waste of your 20's. Harder again if single.

Back