Moving back Norf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyne & Wear...or County Durham... I didnt think it came under Northumbria?

(EDIT: based on todays boundaries).... I believe Northumbria covered as far a region as York previously?

Firth of Forth to the Humber once upon a time. Northumbria a different concept to the modern day creation of Northumberland.

Firth of Forth to the Humber once upon a time. Northumbria a different concept to the modern day creation of Northumberland.
So what do people prefer as the county for Sunderland...? Durham or Tyne and Wear? Newcastle in theory sits in both Northumberland and Tyne & Wear... Ive never understood the need for Tyne & Wear as a newly created county

I still miss London too,going back up north was a huge error for me too. Mostly job wise. Property down there is mad now,more expensive than here in New York.

It seemed to make sense for me to go back up home at the time,but was a wasted few years and I should have known better/ put my foot down when other people said it would be a good idea.

Like everybody has said,depends on what you do for work and I noticed when I was back up home last year that there were a relatively large amount of southern accents.

So what do people prefer as the county for Sunderland...? Durham or Tyne and Wear? Newcastle in theory sits in both Northumberland and Tyne & Wear... Ive never understood the need for Tyne & Wear as a newly created county

I think most would prefer Co Durham, it’s pre 1974 incarnation. Postal wise it now falls as Tyne and Wear but administratively its a metropolitan borough.

Cornwall is a lovely part of the country.
If i won lottery & had no ties up here, it probably be where i'd end up.
I’d recommend it but do your homework for the area of the county. If you have poor health for instance, don’t go down west. Treliske Hosp is shite and transportation isn’t too clever either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back