Moving back Norf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend everyone down south to do it. The North East is the best place in England and one of the finest in the world.

For the price of a 1 bed London flat where the bog doubles up as a kitchen, you could get a lovely 4 bed home in Cleadon.
Fishing better up there too?

One day I may have to return.
Rents here are f***ing ridiculous and will continue to rise as in the next 5 year they need 35000 more workers. Damn Brexit :evil:

I recommend everyone down south to do it. The North East is the best place in England and one of the finest in the world.

For the price of a 1 bed London flat where the bog doubles up as a kitchen, you could get a lovely 4 bed home in Cleadon.

You could buy all of Sheels as well.

Aye.....ye can go for a swim eh?

It's 10' warmer doon here, things holding me back, kids in very good state school, opportunities for them when they leave, even though they won't be able to buy a Fookin flat.......
Stay, get them educated, sell up move back, give them a deposit out of the equity.

Okay if you are in a decent paid job , fantastic if your lass is in one too. Its got everything you need, its just the lack of jobs, low paid jobs and the public transport ( in some areas ) that is the only problem. There are two North Easts though, living in an urban area with decent pubs, schools, restaurants , transport etc is totally different to living in a village like Horden , Craghead or Trimdon.

the transport up here to the business parks is f***ing shite

in london i can get an oyster card that i can use on buses, trains and the underground to get where i want.

to get to say Cobalt from a village in or around durham would take 2-3 hours and you cant get a card that covers bus, train and bus and the wages on the whole are shite.....there was an internal advert for a 2nd line role/desktop support the other day for 19k a year thats crap

in london i can get an oyster card that i can use on buses, trains and the underground to get where i want.

to get to say Cobalt from a village in or around durham would take 2-3 hours and you cant get a card that covers bus, train and bus and the wages on the whole are shite.....there was an internal advert for a 2nd line role/desktop support the other day for 19k a year thats crap

I knaa kids that commute into the big city, pay £5k a year to stand oh a shitty train with some freak reet up ya jax, takes them anywhere for 90 -120 mins each way......Takes a speshall breed to work In that their shit tip.....

Aye.....ye can go for a swim eh?

It's 10' warmer doon here, things holding me back, kids in very good state school, opportunities for them when they leave, even though they won't be able to buy a Fookin flat.......
Sell your house and send them to Durham School... or such.... prospects for the kids is why my family moved us down here nearly 30 years ago. Kids today now faced with the prospect of renting/living with parents for the next 20 years to save a deposit on a house... 150k will buy you a 1 bed ex local authority flat (which is tiny) or a studio (tinier) in Canterbury. The same money will buy you a 4 bed new build in Newbottle... (although Canterbury is prettier of course). Add to that the 6 grand commute to Londinium for the privilege of living in Kent...

Business parks are a great idea if everyone can drive/has access to a car... other than that I agree with you entirely...

Last edited:
Sell your house and send them to Durham School... or such.... prospects for the kids is why my family moved us down here nearly 30 years ago. Kids today now faced with the prospect of renting/living with parents for the next 20 years to save a deposit on a house... 150k will buy you a 1 bed ex local authority flat (which is tiny) or a studio (tinier) in Canterbury. The same money will buy you a 4 bed new build in Newbottle... (although Canterbury is prettier of course). Add to that the 6 grand commute to Londinium for the privilege of living in Kent...

Business parks are a great idea if everyone can drive/has access to a car... other than that I agree with you entirely...

even then they didnt plan the fuckers very well i feel sorry for anyone who has to travel to cobalt to do a 9-5 job......i imagine doxy park is easy to get to.....fuck nahs what qourum and balliol are like these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back