Moving back Norf

Any of the Cockney Mackems cashed in the equity and done it?

Regrets?
Just so you know.. Im in the process of doing it now (back to Sunderland). Although Ill have the luxury of still being able to stay down south when I feel the need ;)
I think the plan for me was always to come back 'home' but I'd look to eventually settle/retire further up the road in Northumbria

Just so you know.. Im in the process of doing it now (back to Sunderland). Although Ill have the luxury of still being able to stay down south when I feel the need ;)
I think the plan for me was always to come back 'home' but I'd look to eventually settle/retire further up the road in Northumbria

Where aboots......

Looking at an olde English Pup noo.....£1k........They only need half an hour walk a day, no doubt for their mahoosive shoite.....is this reet?

Too far for home games it’s a no for me.
Anywhere near the South East would also be a no for me. Like the Countryside and area around here and central to everything. For now have to factor in work but if I sold our house around here and became a MLF financially it would be great.

Moved back to the NE from Cornwall. Made the decision based on nostalgia mainly.

Error :neutral:

Fortunately I can sell up and move anytime as the house is paid off. Keep putting it off until tomorrow.

Where aboots......

Looking at an olde English Pup noo.....£1k........They only need half an hour walk a day, no doubt for their mahoosive shoite.....is this reet?
Center of town.. close to transport... close to stadium :) I dont have my bulldogs now... ex has them... They were just just standard English Bulldogs... not olde time

Moved back to the NE from Cornwall. Made the decision based on nostalgia mainly.

Error :neutral:

Fortunately I can sell up and move anytime as the house is paid off. Keep putting it off until tomorrow.
Why an error?

Pretty much my parents and they spend half their time in Spain. My life is here with the family and my mates now. Also not sure if there are any investment banks in the NE

Stay South mate would be my advice. After a decade away nostalgia got the better of me. Plus since I got back we been relegated twice, so if I piss off again I might be a lucky omen :lol:

Sunderland is Northumbria marra ;)

If I had the benefit of a london property but wanted to head home I’d be keeping that by hook or by crook.

Ie rent up here in a palace for the same cost you can get for yours down there n see an increase in 10k a year minimum, flog in 5-10 year.

Too far for home games it’s a no for me.
Anywhere near the South East would also be a no for me. Like the Countryside and area around here and central to everything. For now have to factor in work but if I sold our house around here and became a MLF financially it would be great.
Is Northampton any where near yay Swinny ? Lovely countryside round there and Bedfordshire . Actually now that I think about it I've seen a lot of the south of England and it's all nice . The towns are shite but they are everywhere for me . I'm a cuntry mouse now .

Why out of interest?

It's rare to hear people say their standard of living is worse in the North East IF they can get the equivalent job...

Last one is a biggie. I’ve just agreed to a job on a salary I’d have got 15 years ago in London but my choice is limited.

I, personally, feel like I fit in better down there. I feel like I miss out on a lot of stuff I didn’t before - eg if your favourite band plays a gig, they’ll play in London. I miss being in the centre of things, we are out on a limb here. Transport here is appalling.

I’d go back in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for family and the fact that house prices have gone bananas since we left.

I lived in Maidstone from 2007 till 2013, but worked on a daily basis up town. Sold up and moved back home to set business up and be closer to family. Majority of current clients are now those from that there London

Back