Motorpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been given the ‘waiting game’ by the salesman? Slightly more annoying than ‘meet the manager’.

f***ing tossers, the car was tatty as fuck anarl and i didnt want it.

Hunted him down in the office he was ‘talking to his manager’ in and told him I was offski.

I know they are only doing a job but by and large they are a bunch of arseholes.

Anyone been given the ‘waiting game’ by the salesman? Slightly more annoying than ‘meet the manager’.

f***ing tossers, the car was tatty as fuck anarl and i didnt want it.

Hunted him down in the office he was ‘talking to his manager’ in and told him I was offski.

I know they are only doing a job but by and large they are a bunch of arseholes.
This is one of their favourites, waiting game to wear you down 😂
Usual excuses of “computer system is running really slow today”
“I will have to go to the business manager and see what he can do”
“he’s busy at the moment but if you can just hang on 5/10 minutes”

This is one of their favourites, waiting game to wear you down 😂
Usual excuses of “computer system is running really slow today”
“I will have to go to the business manager and see what he can do”
“he’s busy at the moment but if you can just hang on 5/10 minutes”

I got a classic ‘Meet the manager‘ once. She strutted in gave me a ‘power handshake’ and pronounced she felt this was the car for me!

I actually let out a little squeek trying to hold in the laughter.

I got a classic ‘Meet the manager‘ once. She strutted in gave me a ‘power handshake’ and pronounced she felt this was the car for me!

I actually let out a little squeek trying to hold in the laughter.

You don’t need that shite do you pal ?
So out of touch .

I used them a couple months back and they were spot on. Although there's no negotiation their prices are good imo.
I didn't use their finance mind, I know of somebody who had agreed to buy a car but they fucked the finance paperwork up and they went home without it after a 3 hour wait.

Last edited:
I bought the car. By far the best deal out there. Been spot on. As others have posted the £99 fee is optional and when i said its optional and I don’t want to pay it they took it off straight away, so thanks to the the wise old SMB I’m £99 better off.

Don’t tar us all with the same brush, the experiences I have read on this thread are few are far between nowadays. Due to the power of the internet, customers search out the lowest priced model before they even get to the dealership.

This week alone I have sold cars to people from Cornwall to Kilmarnock and the reason they are calling me is because mine is the lowest priced on the net. Still doesn’t stop them asking for discount, which is politely declined.

Why are the public offended when they are told no discount even when the company advertises the fact they don’t discount?

I work my socks off for customers, I wish it was a 9-5 job but it isn’t, even as I type this I have been replying to customer enquiries and trying to sell them a car.

Customers come in wanting to buy a car and guess what the salesman wants to sell them a car, it’s their job, but the bullshit works both ways.

I am honest with my customers, don’t bullshit them and give them a service which I am proud of and they love. During my “patter” I dusually set out my stall and tell them that they won’t get any games or tricks or bullshit from me and if they are the same it will be an enjoyable process. That’s why they hunt me down if I am no longer at the same dealership. I will do everything I can to help a nice customer.

Salesmen going backwards and forwards does my head in and it’s usual because they haven’t asked the right questions or the customer isn’t giving them the answers. It’s not a game they are playing, they are basically like a salesman in Curry’s etc, they haven’t got the authority to spend the dealerships money or profit. It’s not a tactic.

I can hand on heart say that if I haven’t dealt a customer and they leave the showroom, yes I will ring them to see if they have made a decision, not to give them a better deal, they would of had that in the showroom.

Give the boys and girls a chance, yes there is still some shit heads out there, but go in nd be honest and truthful with the sales person and you may find you get a better experience.

Warranty doesn’t include mechanical faults like the clutch..well it didn’t last year with my Qashqai..where I bought it from sorted it similar to the other poster..as a good will gesture.

That's not goodwill, that's must likely their obligation as a seller under the Consumer Rights Act.

got mine delivered yesterday from evans halshaw

Cars spot on but its missing the parcel shelf. :( I should of made a copy of the advert but It was deleted quick after i paid the deposit. Not sure if the parcel shelf was in the pictures.

Rang the salesmen twice and have been told hes unavailable and will contact me but he hasnt so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back