Motorpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course it has. Need to be careful not to unfairly promote their own stock and cut out the dealer groups otherwise their entire supply and distribution chain could be knackered.

BCA have done an amazing job. Who would have thought 15 years ago that they could become the business they are now? The tech behind it is incredible (in my eyes - I appreciate it might not be for some!)

Last edited:
It is likely that my Fiesta will be the last car I will have as I don't see myself ever getting a job with anyone who actually picks me over everyone else but in a fantasy world where I am looking for a car I could see myself going to Motorpoint. They look as if they have such a huge choice.

Used motorpoint twice. No problem but it crosses my mind you can't have that many low mileage cars on one site if they haven't had their odometers shaved somewhat.

Used motorpoint twice. No problem but it crosses my mind you can't have that many low mileage cars on one site if they haven't had their odometers shaved somewhat.
I always assumed they would be PCP / Lease cars that had fixed limits on mileage.

Beware of their apr rates on finance. My lass nearly bought one. I was looking at his screen and thinking wtf is going on with regards to final balance.

What was going on was 9.9% apr.

worked out better value buying new.

Never bought through them before but remember them coming up with great prices on previous searches.

Mind I do like to be a bit of a Marvin Haggler. Spent three hours in Springfield Honda a few years ago and ended up with a ridiculously good deal. New car mind.

The 2nd hand van I last bought a year ago the VW dealer also said no negotiating on price. He even showed me their spreadsheet which shows the profit margin - of course it could have been set up but I don't think so. But I was surprised at how low it was. On a £20k van it was only about £150 or something.

Never bought through them before but remember them coming up with great prices on previous searches.

Mind I do like to be a bit of a Marvin Haggler. Spent three hours in Springfield Honda a few years ago and ended up with a ridiculously good deal. New car mind.

The 2nd hand van I last bought a year ago the VW dealer also said no negotiating on price. He even showed me their spreadsheet which shows the profit margin - of course it could have been set up but I don't think so. But I was surprised at how low it was. On a £20k van it was only about £150 or something.
Pulman VW?

If it was used there’s no chance. Unless it had been in stock for an age.

If it was new, their profit comes from back end bonuses paid from the manufacturer.

Pulman VW?
No it was VW van centre in Leeds.
If it was used there’s no chance. Unless it had been in stock for an age.

If it was new, their profit comes from back end bonuses paid from the manufacturer.
Hadn't been no. PX'd a few days earlier. Actually, he did throw in some mats and a touch up paint bottle. SO I did get a little something to give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Last edited:
No it was VW van centre in Leeds.

Hadn't been no. PX'd a few days earlier. Actually, he did throw in some mats and a touch up paint bottle. SO I did get a little something to give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
When you’re buying something like that it’s not about driving price down as far as it can go. The salesman wasn’t called James by any chance was he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back