Motorpoint

safccfas

Winger
Went in today looking for a used car. Liked the place straight away. Bloke said there’s your cars biggest here, medium size over there and smaller ones over there. Have a look around details on the windscreen and if there’s anything takes your fancy I’m over here. I won’t hassle you.

Really liked that approach but what’s thrown me is there is no negotiation on price. He said that’s the price end of. Which is exactly what I’ve always wanted from a car dealership but now that it’s happened I’m thrown by it 🤣🤣

Anyone else used them? Did you get the same‘no haggle’ price from the off? I’m happy with it and will probably buy it tomorrow but wanted to check with thewise old SMB.

I’m expecting Brad Pitt to play me in the movie.

Went in today looking for a used car. Liked the place straight away. Bloke said there’s your cars biggest here, medium size over there and smaller ones over there. Have a look around details on the windscreen and if there’s anything takes your fancy I’m over here. I won’t hassle you.

Really liked that approach but what’s thrown me is there is no negotiation on price. He said that’s the price end of. Which is exactly what I’ve always wanted from a car dealership but now that it’s happened I’m thrown by it 🤣🤣

Anyone else used them? Did you get the same‘no haggle’ price from the off? I’m happy with it and will probably buy it tomorrow but wanted to check with thewise old SMB.

If you like it just buy the fucker.

Two cars from birtley branch, superb service. Love there style as well.

bought a 2 year old jag xe, clutch went after 4 months, took to jag at houghton who were absolute aresholes, wouldn’t entertain unless I paid 600 quid a gear box dismantle to understand route cause Blah blah. Car had 10k miles ffs

went back to motopoint a week later brand new clutch, 2500 grand of work....nee drama at all.

superb.

Last edited:
Bought a car from them a year or so ago. No hassle, price on screen is what you pay, decent price for part ex. Only thing that wound me up, is the admin fee they add on. I think they all do it but it really bugs me, I said I was sticking an admin fee on the car I was selling them but they weren’t having it.

Loads of the big firms say no negotiating, cars are priced properly.

Bought a car from them a year or so ago. No hassle, price on screen is what you pay, decent price for part ex. Only thing that wound me up, is the admin fee they add on. I think they all do it but it really bugs me, I said I was sticking an admin fee on the car I was selling them but they weren’t having it.
I refused to pay it, said it was none negotiable. they increased my p/x figure to compensate.

If you like it just buy the fucker.

im going to.
I've walked out of dealerships even though I've really liked the car.
Nowt worse than a sales bods lifting patter.

these were spot on to be fair. Zero patter.
Hasnt even kicked a tyre yet man;)

fuck. I knew there was something i forgot to do

he told be about the £99 fee straight away so I just added it onto the price of of the cars as I was looking. Didn’t try and hide it at all.

Last edited:
Have a look at Dow Storey in Chester le Street too (next door to Wilko). He was the same - no nonsense with the price, no trying to pressure me into add ons like stain guard and he was really polite and friendly.

Have a look at Dow Storey in Chester le Street too (next door to Wilko). He was the same - no nonsense with the price, no trying to pressure me into add ons like stain guard and he was really polite and friendly.

i love the concept of that’s the price take it or leave it. It’s just totally thrown me that it’s a fully happened 🤣🤣
I’ll have a look at that place as well thanks

Used them last summer. Seen a car just out of my budget and explained it was going to be a massive stretch but I loved it and worth scraping a few more pennies for. Got to the sit down bit and the sales fella explained he was now meant to offer some paint protection or something along those lines but he appreciated I was already at my max and just to say aye if the boss swung by the desk and asked if he’d mentioned it.

Would go straight there for my next motor

I have been looking for a car recently, found one I liked at a vauxhall dealer in Ashington.

Rang up to enquire about it, Vauxhall were meant to have a offer on that was £500 off any used or new car. Bloke said it didnt apply to that one. Then said actually that cars misspriced its £500 more then you would have the admin fee ontop.

He rang me the day later asking if I was still interested, said btw it has increased in price by another £1000.

Then he rang back yesterday again asking if I still wanted it, said no ty it was out of my price range I have bought another. Got pissy with me saying you should have called me we could of worked out a deal.

:lol: work out a deal after putting the price up by adding 2 grand ontop of the advertised price.

There was another one I liked the look of but it was in Liverpool, I was going to get a relation down there to check it out but at first they said they couldnt deliver it this far, then they could for £500. There was somebody in just looking at it though so if I wanted it I needed to pay £100 to secure it.

Then he rang me back a couple of days later asking if I was still interested. £1000 was suddenly off the price, actually no it was £1200. Then they would wave the admin fees and add a warrenty.

Ended up getting a better spec, lower millage and newer model from evans halshaw without being faffed about, they got the price down and gave a warranty and free delivery.

My previous experience buying cars had mostly been of my old man buying cars for cash and getting money knocked off. Seemed like 90% of the ones I spoke to wanted to add money on.

A few years ago, we went to Bristol Street Motors to look for a little runaround for the Mrs.

Found a really reasonable little Ford Fusion. Went to ask for a look inside, and this snotty little twat demanded to know our details to put in the computer before we could even have a look. "I know mate, its crap but its company policy. you know just in case you were to drive off with it"
I asked exactly how he thought we might drive off with it, when it was boxed in and behind a fence "I dont make the rules mate"
But she liked the car, so we filled in his form and looked at the car.
Wife decided it maybe wasnt for her ("Didn't feel right") so we left it at that.

BSM rang me every day for a fortnight, asking if we had decided on the car. Every time I said it wasn't we werent interested, we got hard sell from them. "Oh, well if its more space to put stuff in you need, I've got a C-Max in today" or "I understand you looked at the Fusion and it wasn't your thing, well I've been thinking... maybe you'd like this Mazda that's just come in... its a......"

Never know hard sell anything like it. Never been in Bristol Street Motors since.

What is it? How much marra?

Back