Motorpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a used car from wearside autoparc in Hendon last week for the Mrs.

plenty of cars to view, no hassle of the sales lad so was happy enough

Went into Stratstone Land Rover last Friday with a fixed appointment, got there on time but the salesman wouldn’t see me until a car they were reversing into the showroom was sorted , ten minutes late he came over to see me , took all my details , then told me he didn’t have the car in stock and he’d have to get it from another dealer , time was running on so I got up to leave .

Salesman didn’t appear suited by this but I told him he’d kept me waiting for 10 minutes and I was now running late , ring you on Monday with the details he said.

Its now Thursday and I haven’t heard a dickie bird.

f***ing useless .

The price on the screen is what you pay :D

there’s a sucker born every minute it seems...
Some of the blokes in car sales are absolute arse wipes, full of themselves , full of shit and a very high opinion of themselves.

I ve walked out on several occasions simply to avoid an ugly incident.
Logon or register to see this image

It's optional too.

They were canny at Birtley when I bought my car. Gave me a free cuppa and bacon sandwich too.
‘Free’ :D

Last edited:
Beware of their apr rates on finance. My lass nearly bought one. I was looking at his screen and thinking wtf is going on with regards to final balance.

What was going on was 9.9% apr.

worked out better value buying new.
This, half the fuckers buying from them don’t read the small print
Sorry , you ve lost me completely there pal .
Just when you said you had to leave before an ‘ugly incident’ happened, what did you mean exactly?

This, half the fuckers buying from them don’t read the small print

Just when you said you had to leave before an ‘ugly incident’ happened, what did you mean exactly?

Ah right ! I left to avoid an argument caused by the staff being obnoxious and frankly insulting.

My wife was with me and she doesn’t hold back on the verbals being from Wigan.

I wouldn’t lower myself to giving them a damn good thrashing if that’s what you thought.

That said it wouldn’t surprise me if some people less peaceful than me would have given them a kicking .

Why are you so concerned btw ?

Ah right ! I left to avoid an argument caused by the staff being obnoxious and frankly insulting.

I wouldn’t lower myself to giving them a damn good thrashing if that’s what you thought.

That said it wouldn’t surprise me if some people less peaceful than me would have given them a kicking .

Wigan you say....?

It's true some places. They're not idiots, they know you're there because the price is right most of the time.

I didn't pay and agreed a price and ordered before I arrived. It was free.
There is always room for manoeuvre in any negotiation, I have never paid full price for any car.

It just sounded a bit self righteous and aggressive mate :) quite funny really

There is always room for manoeuvre in any negotiation, I have never paid full price for any car.
Aye, I pretended to accept a warranty for an extra bit money.

They don't really haggle as such, no more so than a high street shop.

Aye, I pretended to accept a warranty for an extra bit money.

They don't really haggle as such, no more so than a high street shop.

People used to say that about Mercedes and Porsche dealerships, it’s a myth, it’s all about how you phrase it.

You have to be prepared to walk away if they won’t give you a discount, then just sit and wait for the phone to ring.

People used to say that about Mercedes and Porsche dealerships, it’s a myth, it’s all about how you phrase it.

You have to be prepared to walk away if they won’t give you a discount, then just sit and wait for the phone to ring.

Do you haggle in Curry's?

Honestly can’t bare dealing with car salesmen.
I’ve walked out of many dealerships and had a right run in with evans halshaw Cramlington a few year ago.
Tried charging me £50 extra a month on a car deal plus a deposit, usual car salesmen patter and drivel.
Evans halshaw shiremoor were willing to do the same car for £50 a month cheaper plus no deposit.
Received a phone call from cramlington dealership saying what I had done was wrong and I shouldn’t be comparing prices at two dealerships 😂😂
Reckons he was going to report the manager from shiremoor as he had took his sale.

Honestly can’t bare dealing with car salesmen.
I’ve walked out of many dealerships and had a right run in with evans halshaw Cramlington a few year ago.
Tried charging me £50 extra a month on a car deal plus a deposit, usual car salesmen patter and drivel.
Evans halshaw shiremoor were willing to do the same car for £50 a month cheaper plus no deposit.
Received a phone call from cramlington dealership saying what I had done was wrong and I shouldn’t be comparing prices at two dealerships 😂😂
Reckons he was going to report the manager from shiremoor as he had took his sale.
:D that is topper.

did he tell you the price in the window is the price you pay?

:D that is topper.

did he tell you the price in the window is the price you pay?
The price on the forecourt which was the same as shiremoor deal didn’t match what he was offering.
At one point I even said match shiremoor deal and what you are displaying outside and I will just go with you as I’m here now.
He knocked £5 a month off the £50 extra he was already charging 😂😂
I honestly thought it was a set up and some camera crew were going to appear from the back saying we have had you!
Once I had walked out that is when the phone calls started saying what I had done was wrong 😂😂 you can imagine the words I used to reply.

It just sounded a bit self righteous and aggressive mate :) quite funny really

Walking away from idiots I can do without is neither self righteous or aggressive - it’s usually the best policy as they lost out on a deal in the end.

It wasn’t intended to be a hard man at all . They’re the idiots not me.

Take care pal 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back