Motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been in a similar situation since my long illness.

Have your blood ammonia levels checked - especially if you like a drink. High ammonia levels can cause lethargy and even confusion.

Also, a few minutes before you go to bed, turn the lights off and take some melatonin.It's a natural body chemical that will help you sleep. The body produces serotonin in the sunlight which naturally converts to melatonin and this is what makes you sleep. If you don't have enough serotonin then you need to supplement it with melatonin. (this also works with SAD syndrome)
I have melatonin when swapping between shifts. Cracking gear.

I had a bit of a downward spiral February. I was feeling really low when bloke posted a gym advert in our village group. I kept reading the advert and talking myself out of contacting him as I didn't think I was good enough blah blah blah. One day I thought, sod it and emailed him and ended up signing up.

I've just finished the six weeks intense course. I did fitness tests and measurements at the beginning. I've improved on all of the tests, lost 8.5 inches from my body and 5lb in weight. Most pleased with my deadlift as I managed 100kg. If someone had told me I could do that in Feb, I would have thought they were insane. Most importantly, my mental health is a lot better than it was and I feel much better in myself. If anyone is stuck in a rut, definitely get out and try and get some exercise as it really does help.

I loved it so much that I've just signed up for another six weeks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back