Motivation

How did you get on with the run @FannyByTheGaslight?
Aye spot on thanks, I went for a walk along the beach next to my house and sat and had a read of the SMB. I also done a bit running around to help someone out and it felt good. Thanks again xx

Do a bit of DIY, not the type with your 3 piece.
Mate my right arm is like a piston, I have agreed to paint a mates house for him tomorrow so I will be out and about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting in a rut just creeps up on you and before you know it you have been in it a year. I know I'm in one and I suppose that's a good that I recognise it, now I got to do something about it. Like you I don't want pumping full off pills from the doctor, I have gotten some great advice on this thread and it has give me a some motivation. It sounds like you had a hard time mate, I'm pleased you have sorted it out, thanks for the advice.

I will try start exercising again and hopefully my motivation will return, I have always been a very motivated person but the situation changed last year and now I can't be bothered to do anything. Just getting it off my chest and speaking to people on here has given me a little kick up the arse that I need! Thanks for the advice I might try the st John's Wort if things don't improve soon.

You're right about bottling it up, I feel much better for getting it off my chest to the SMB, I've been given some good advice that I've taken on board.
Wait until you have kids! My motivation is to sit on the sofa and drink vodka when they’re in bed. I go to the gym about 3 or 4 times a week and it does stop me from going loopy.

Wait until you have kids! My motivation is to sit on the sofa and drink vodka when they’re in bed. I go to the gym about 3 or 4 times a week and it does stop me from going loopy.

That can't be good if it's every night mate, take care on that mate.

That's brilliant and I'm so pleased you got out xx

So what's the next thing to fix then? ;)
Thanks, I've also had a solid 6 hours sleep!!! I feel fresh and ready to go.

I'll P.M you a list xx :lol:

I tried it but I really struggle with it.

It is exactly what I need but I am just not able to sit and reflect.

Mindfulness can be done at any time you don't have to sit and reflect what you're thinking. If you're brushing your teeth think about that. It's about noticing when your mind drifts off to other thoughts and bringing it back.

I didn't get my Christmas tree down until last week.

FFS that made me chuckle :lol:

Sorry about sorry about the other stuff though.

Having read this thread, it makes sense that I try to get more sleep

so I'm going to knock all the bollocks on the head and be in bed for 10 tonight, see if that helps
Just starting this thread and getting it off my chest has been a great help and with some good advice I've had a happy couple of days. I am prone to sleeping with the t.v on all night, but the last couple of nights I've turned it off and managed a decent kip, and now I feel good!

Back