Motivation

Only problem with the doctor is that I don't really want loading up with pills, but it may have to come to that!

About 4 years ago I was an absolute wreck after a long downward health spiral & my doctor had me on all sorts of pills from statins, blood pressure meds, through to gout meds. Between them they made things even worse with side effects so he wanted to put me on more meds to manage the side effects from the other meds.

I had to convince him that I wanted to deal with the root causes of the various issues that the pills would treat/mask because he'd just assumed that I wanted the quick fix, but, once I'd had that conversation with him I got help to deal with stress & some consultations with a dietician. I'm now in great shape again & just down to 1 pill a day to manage the gout.

If you start out with that conversation you might be able to avoid the prescription tourettes that GPs seem to have these days.

About 4 years ago I was an absolute wreck after a long downward health spiral & my doctor had me on all sorts of pills from statins, blood pressure meds, through to gout meds. Between them they made things even worse with side effects so he wanted to put me on more meds to manage the side effects from the other meds.

I had to convince him that I wanted to deal with the root causes of the various issues that the pills would treat/mask because he'd just assumed that I wanted the quick fix, but, once I'd had that conversation with him I got help to deal with stress & some consultations with a dietician. I'm now in great shape again & just down to 1 pill a day to manage the gout.

If you start out with that conversation you might be able to avoid the prescription tourettes that GPs seem to have these days.
Good to hear that you are sorted mate, like you I hate taking pills that mask the real issue.

If you go to the docs ask for a vitamin D test, most people have low vitamin d levels, and boosting them can make a big difference.
I had this and I took the recommended daily amount (1200 iu?) had another test and still low, then I started on 10k iu per day and it was like turning a light on.

If you go to the docs ask for a vitamin D test, most people have low vitamin d levels, and boosting them can make a big difference.
I had this and I took the recommended daily amount (1200 iu?) had another test and still low, then I started on 10k iu per day and it was like turning a light on.
Whey, that's hardly gonna help is it!

what do you take? tablets?

Agreed.

As a society we seem to try and treat the symptoms of depression , rather than the cause of it. Tablets will almost invariably bring the user back to the beginning in time...they are plasters on top of cracks. There is something called the grief exception when treating emotional health & diagnosing depression. If you read about the flaws in the grief exception than it gets my point across more eloquently.

I got them mate, thanks

I've been in a similar situation since my long illness.

Have your blood ammonia levels checked - especially if you like a drink. High ammonia levels can cause lethargy and even confusion.

Also, a few minutes before you go to bed, turn the lights off and take some melatonin.It's a natural body chemical that will help you sleep. The body produces serotonin in the sunlight which naturally converts to melatonin and this is what makes you sleep. If you don't have enough serotonin then you need to supplement it with melatonin. (this also works with SAD syndrome)

Unfortunately, motivation only comes after you start a task. Like getting membership to a gym. Or else it might never come. Accept this and assign specific tasks and start times to your routine.

That's what sparked me back into life. I went through a really low time a few weeks back. A local gym posted an advert looking for ladies to start a six week body transformation course. I read it about seventeen times before I plucked up the courage to message him. Signed up and it's been a good thing for me to do. I got measured and did fitness tests at the beginning and they'll get repeated at the end. That's keeping me motivated as I want my end results to look good :D

I'm in bed and it's before 10.
Took some night time Lemsip max as I'm just getting over a cold and feeling drowsy.

I'll head over to the Ant thread to let the little tykes in there out me to sleep x

Back