Motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FannyByTheGaslight

I have absolutely no motivation to do anything! I am sleeping only for a hour or two a couple of times a day, do you have any suggestions to get my arse back in to gear?

Have you considered speaking to a doctor about this?
I'm getting close to considering it, SMB usually throughs up some decent advice and I'm on here 24/7 these days.

I'll kick you up the arse if you want! :D

The doctor is an option as @Frijj said.

If you want to fix it yourself, looking at the sleeping issue. Lack of sleep is a proper killer. That should be the first thing to address.

What other things do you need motivation with? Keep talking. This can be fixed xx

I shouldn’t have taken the piss sorry.

Doctor is a good shout. Have you tried exercise? Are you eating healthily? Enough iron in your diet?

I was exercising quite a lot but now I can't be arsed, I'm also eating quite healthy TBH.

Have you tried drinking Monster?

Them Monster drinks are nee good, about 7 year ago I was on 4 to 6 cans a day and ended up having to take heart medication, I packed that shit in and the ticker is back to normal now.

I was exercising quite a lot but now I can't be arsed, I'm also eating quite healthy TBH.

Them Monster drinks are nee good, about 7 year ago I was on 4 to 6 cans a day and ended up having to take heart medication, I packed that shit in and the ticker is back to normal now.
Do not drink the energy drinks, I was joking

Go to the docs mate. And try the exercise again.

And keep us updated

I'll kick you up the arse if you want! :D

The doctor is an option as @Frijj said.

If you want to fix it yourself, looking at the sleeping issue. Lack of sleep is a proper killer. That should be the first thing to address.

What other things do you need motivation with? Keep talking. This can be fixed xx

Sounds like an offer I can't refuse :D

It's feels like an effort just to leave the house at the moment, I'm under a shit load of stress that I know will not be helping the situation. Xx

Do not drink the energy drinks, I was joking

Go to the docs mate. And try the exercise again.

And keep us updated
Thanks mate, yes I don't touch them drinks now, I was on them when I was working all hours. Only problem with the doctor is that I don't really want loading up with pills, but it may have to come to that!

Last edited by a moderator:

It's feels like an effort just to leave the house at the moment, I'm under a shit load of stress that I know will not be helping the situation. Xx

Thanks mate, yes I don't touch them drinks now, I was on them when I was working all hours. Only problem with the doctor is that I don't really want loading up with pills, but it may have to come to that!
It’s most likely not a pill thing.

Get into a routine of waking up at a decent time, doing some exercise, eating well, avoid ale, and get to bed at a decent time. It'll be hard at first, you'll be fucked for the first few days, but once you're in the groove it'll be simple. It's not rocket science. Find something relaxing to do leading to bedtime, not gaming or screen related- reading is like f***ing rohypnol to me

Aye it's tough when it's like that. It's like a vicious circle as you don't do things then get annoyed with yourself because you didn't do it. I'm my own worst enemy at times!

Is it lots of stressful things that look like one big thing? Baby steps is good. Break it down and try and fix one tiny step. That should give you the motivation to go on and tackle the next one and so on.

Exercise can be just as good as pills. I've had cold and felt rough on Thursday and nearly didn't go to a session at the gym. I went anyway and it was boxing. Punched the crap out of some pads and I felt loads better afterwards :D

Also look at mindfulness apps. I've got calm.com I listen to that in bed and it helps me drop off.

Is it lots of stressful things that look like one big thing? Baby steps is good. Break it down and try and fix one tiny step. That should give you the motivation to go on and tackle the next one and so on.

Exercise can be just as good as pills. I've had cold and felt rough on Thursday and nearly didn't go to a session at the gym. I went anyway and it was boxing. Punched the crap out of some pads and I felt loads better afterwards :D

I've got 2 massive problems that I'm stressing about, I used to love exercising and I know it will help I just can't get the motivation to do it. I will try go for a small jog tomorrow evening.

I've never tried that before :oops:
TBH I would prefer your method of hitting the pads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back