Motivation

Get into a routine of waking up at a decent time, doing some exercise, eating well, avoid ale, and get to bed at a decent time. It'll be hard at first, you'll be fucked for the first few days, but once you're in the groove it'll be simple. It's not rocket science. Find something relaxing to do leading to bedtime, not gaming or screen related- reading is like f***ing rohypnol to me
I will try get back in to doing a bit exercise, I do eat quite healthy TBH and I don't really drink for the last few years. The t.v is on constantly and I'm always reading the threads on here. I think ive just got in to a shite routine and im struggling to get out of it!

I will try get back in to doing a bit exercise, I do eat quite healthy TBH and I don't really drink for the last few years. The t.v is on constantly and I'm always reading the threads on here. I think ive just got in to a shite routine and im struggling to get out of it!
As I said the first few days you may find yough, but don't give in or waver from the bedtimes and waking times

Just getting out is a big step. Even if you just run round the block, be proud of yourself for going out and doing it.

Don't suppose you live near Birtley? The gym I joined is there and the bloke who runs it is fabulous.

I will defiantly go out and try a couple of mile tomorrow evening, no I live in Qatar so the commute to the gym would definitely take too much effort :D

Have you thought of just setting yourself a small target, I see lots of people talking about the couch to 5k plan. It might help if you just have small aims to start with.
I was running 10km every two days last year, but I've just stopped now and can't be bothered to do anything. But I will try going out for a couple of km tomorrow evening.

It is a little bit far to travel for a gym mind :lol:

Good luck tomorrow and go for it! Xx
Thanks, just talking about it feels like it's giving me a bit motivation. I'm probably feeling a bit lonely as well at the moment xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Its utter shite marra, I got stuck in a rut with no motivation to get myself out of it. Things started to spiraled out of control when I lost my Dad then ultimately it caused the split with my wife. The whole "journey" happened over the course of 3 or 4 years before I even realised what was happening, its hard to put a start point on it.

I tried to get some help through the Doctors but they tried to stick me on pills which I refused, but they gave me a number to ring and I rang them once and felt daft and never rang them again. I'm on the mend but I still have the odd period where I find myself slipping. I find I need to keep my mind occupied to stop myself from going backwards, so took up exercise, hiking/wild camping, both of which are a great mind clearer I've never been fitter, I read a ton of blogs about wild camping which I've beyond the newspaper I've never been a big reader. I'm always on the look out for new stuff to do, even daft little things like a big fuck off jigsaw, it keeps the mind going for a few nights. (although don't buy one of an Atlas Map, all that f***ing blue made me want to burn the world down!)

Anyway, good luck mate, theres a big long thread on here which I drop in on every so often.

Agree with this. If we could just see some blue sky for a change, it makes a hell of a difference to your mood.
I’m f***ing sick of it mate,Defo effects my mood.
Take this weekend for instance,what a clip it’s been .

Just don't want them taking the easy option and giving me sleeping tablets and antidepressants etc, I like to try natural remedies, I will have a look to see what natural things I can take for this.
Go to your GP mate their could be a medical reason.

But if you know what your problems are you are half way to solving them. You can ask your GP to refer you for ‘talking therapy’ with a counsellor. They won’t and can’t offer solutions but they will offer an objective view.

Meanwhile you can follow the suggestions on here especially mindfulness and exercise. I also tried St. John’s Wort for a few months.

If you do feel really low then there are people who will help.

I have absolutely no motivation to do anything! I am sleeping only for a hour or two a couple of times a day, do you have any suggestions to get my arse back in to gear?[/QUOTE

Suggestion by @Frijj appears to be a good start , however you say you’re really stressed ( a huge issue of not being able to sleep )if it’s down to work commitments then have a one to one with your line manager/ boss it really does help by talking ref to @Becs , i’ve Had similar issues in the past and have a bit of an idea of what you’re going through but please don’t bottle it up mate , at least you’re starting to talk about it, best of luck.

Its utter shite marra, I got stuck in a rut with no motivation to get myself out of it. Things started to spiraled out of control when I lost my Dad then ultimately it caused the split with my wife. The whole "journey" happened over the course of 3 or 4 years before I even realised what was happening, its hard to put a start point on it.

I tried to get some help through the Doctors but they tried to stick me on pills which I refused, but they gave me a number to ring and I rang them once and felt daft and never rang them again. I'm on the mend but I still have the odd period where I find myself slipping. I find I need to keep my mind occupied to stop myself from going backwards, so took up exercise, hiking/wild camping, both of which are a great mind clearer I've never been fitter, I read a ton of blogs about wild camping which I've beyond the newspaper I've never been a big reader. I'm always on the look out for new stuff to do, even daft little things like a big fuck off jigsaw, it keeps the mind going for a few nights. (although don't buy one of an Atlas Map, all that f***ing blue made me want to burn the world down!)

Anyway, good luck mate, theres a big long thread on here which I drop in on every so often.
Getting in a rut just creeps up on you and before you know it you have been in it a year. I know I'm in one and I suppose that's a good that I recognise it, now I got to do something about it. Like you I don't want pumping full off pills from the doctor, I have gotten some great advice on this thread and it has give me a some motivation. It sounds like you had a hard time mate, I'm pleased you have sorted it out, thanks for the advice.

Go to your GP mate their could be a medical reason.

But if you know what your problems are you are half way to solving them. You can ask your GP to refer you for ‘talking therapy’ with a counsellor. They won’t and can’t offer solutions but they will offer an objective view.

Meanwhile you can follow the suggestions on here especially mindfulness and exercise. I also tried St. John’s Wort for a few months.

If you do feel really low then there are people who will help.

I will try start exercising again and hopefully my motivation will return, I have always been a very motivated person but the situation changed last year and now I can't be bothered to do anything. Just getting it off my chest and speaking to people on here has given me a little kick up the arse that I need! Thanks for the advice I might try the st John's Wort if things don't improve soon.

You're right about bottling it up, I feel much better for getting it off my chest to the SMB, I've been given some good advice that I've taken on board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back