Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing

Watched the Barbel fishing on the Wye. Loved it.
Needs to get that rod tip up in the air, that fish could have smashed him at the net.

Do any of you think that Mortimer looks like Stewart Donald, definite see a resemblance.

Just friendship on the riverbank and always makes me want to get my rods out.
If I have more time that’s what I will be doing more.

You wouldn't let it lie!!!

“In the last few seconds of his life, he’ll have seen this container coming towards him. Maybe it said ‘Sunshine Peaches’ on the side or something. The irony being, of course, he didn’t like peaches.”

Absolutely cracked me up talking about his dad's death in a road crash when he was young. So sad and funny.

Best thing on telly by a mile.
Me and our lass were buckled at that. Couldn't decide if he was serious or not. Whitehouse looked like he didn't know what to say to it

Love this, but they never seem to catch 'owt bar the odd one now and again.
It’s not a fishing show. Fishing is merely the platform that allows all the rest to come through.

The mental health bloke got it spot on. Many blokes need that platform and distraction in place to let them feel comfortable to open up and talk to other blokes about personal stuff. For some it might be football, for others, golf.

It’s not a fishing show. Fishing is merely the platform that allows all the rest to come through.

The mental health bloke got it spot on. Many blokes need that platform and distraction in place to let them feel comfortable to open up and talk to other blokes about personal stuff. For some it might be football, for others, golf.

Absolutely, think a lot of younger lads are more open, but the older generation this is key.

The show is like a warm hug, I am also going to take up fishing. Only thing puts me off is bet its hard work getting to the locations they do! Probs end up on Roker pier.

Absolutely, think a lot of younger lads are more open, but the older generation this is key.

The show is like a warm hug, I am also going to take up fishing. Only thing puts me off is bet its hard work getting to the locations they do! Probs end up on Roker pier.
Try the rat house - it’s named for you. And it’s local - you can’t fail.

If you were down here Mate I would take you on the mid Thames surrounded by beauty. It is a wonderful escape.
Without doubt fishing has declined in terms of the quality of fish. Otters have had a devastating impact on fish stocks and before anyone quoted they were here before, the inland Cormorants, Mink, Signal Crayfish we’re not thus impacting and adding more pressure on the fish populations.

Different fishing appeals to different areas and what you are used to and have been brought up on.
I prefer fishing without many others thus why I have never enjoyed stocked carp ponds but some like these and it’s all about catching “easy” fish.

As for the show definitely gets to the heart of friendship and laughter and reminds me fishing with my best mate on the beautiful river Teme and the laughs, just general chatting and putting the World to right that we always do.
Apart from me shouting at Mortimer to “get that rod tip up in the air and keep it still” I agree with you Mate is has a quality that you have been taken in with.

If you were down here Mate I would take you on the mid Thames surrounded by beauty. It is a wonderful escape.
Without doubt fishing has declined in terms of the quality of fish. Otters have had a devastating impact on fish stocks and before anyone quoted they were here before, the inland Cormorants, Mink, Signal Crayfish we’re not thus impacting and adding more pressure on the fish populations.

Different fishing appeals to different areas and what you are used to and have been brought up on.
I prefer fishing without many others thus why I have never enjoyed stocked carp ponds but some like these and it’s all about catching “easy” fish.

As for the show definitely gets to the heart of friendship and laughter and reminds me fishing with my best mate on the beautiful river Teme and the laughs, just general chatting and putting the World to right that we always do.
Apart from me shouting at Mortimer to “get that rod tip up in the air and keep it still” I agree with you Mate is has a quality that you have been taken in with.
It’s whitehouse who is the angler. However, I think Bob is great.

It’s whitehouse who is the angler. However, I think Bob is great.

Definitely.
Whitehouse used to fish down near Henley.
Bob is just daft, a lovely Man with a warm heart. Just emphasises the importance of getting away from the pressure of Life.
Nothing better than fishing.
Went Friday gale force winds, river clear and only caught a few but it didn’t matter I was in heaven, on my own on a river surrounded by nature and no irritating people.

I put it up there with detectorists and this country,its gentle easy watching with undertones of slight darkness. its not shouty shouty telly like strictly,that little mix thing ( why isnt that on cbbc ? ) x factor ( mime artists only ) .

Back