Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing

I just realised I’m scared of Steve Coogan.
I like the Coogan Trips and this fishing thing equally even through they are very different.Coogan tries too hard at times but he’s a f***ing genius.
Now that effort with Ricky Tomlinson and Ralf Little which was a low rent version of the Trip was truly woeful by comparison.

I love it. I just have to look at Bob Mortimer and he makes me laugh. Whitehouse is class as well.
Same here with BM. I think it's because he's just so naturally funny and has made you laugh so many times you just connect the two together.

He wrote an interesting piece recently on how the BBC will only trust Oxbridge comedians (another good oxymoron) with anything that goes beyond the normal parameters of comedy.

A fair point I think when you see the amount of them who haven't managed to say a single humorous thing despite being on TV for years.

Been a fan of Bob since I was a kid

only when I saw these that I realised what a vulnerable, quite shy bloke he is. When you hear more about his childhood etc, its understandable

I put it up there with detectorists and this country,its gentle easy watching with undertones of slight darkness. its not shouty shouty telly like strictly,that little mix thing ( why isnt that on cbbc ? ) x factor ( mime artists only ) .
the detectorists and this country were great shows. nice, gentle english comedies with no or very little smut or foul language.

Back