More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this mate as we just going round in circles

Would have liked people to a least wait until a ball is bowled, but that’s not going to happen.

I respect your opinion and clearly you feel strongly about it, so fair dos

I personally want to at least watch a few games and see the reaction to it before making my mind up.
It's your prerogative to watch as many games as you wish, I don't recall anyone objecting to you so doing. Equally there are those who won't go as they have the view that, in an already congested programme, an additional tournament is unnecessary. My objection is your criticism of those who choose to exercise that right.

It's your prerogative to watch as many games as you wish, I don't recall anyone objecting to you so doing. Equally there are those who won't go as they have the view that, in an already congested programme, an additional tournament is unnecessary. My objection is your criticism of those who choose to exercise that right.

That’s absolutely fine mate, there is nothing more I can say on this debate that I have not already said.

I could continue debating but would just be repeating myself.

Like I said everyone entitled to their opinion and always enjoy the craic and debate.

Neither side is budging to be fair.

Will you revisit your view of it gets 5 or 10 times the TV viewing figures of The Blast?

Latest spin from ECB is that the women will get an equal split of the £600,000 prize money as the men.

What a "great" gesture. Are the women on the same salary as the men too? Of course not.

I would have had more respect for it if they had a Scottish and Irish team playing in it too, to help expand the game. BBC Scotland and RTE would have been up for that, I'm sure.

A cheap PR gesture. That's all it is.
Except it's not cheap. Given that they're trying to attract interest and involvement for kids not a bad idea to show that they're treating boys and girls equally.
I would have had more respect for it if they had a Scottish and Irish team playing in it too, to help expand the game. BBC Scotland and RTE would have been up for that, I'm sure.
Makes more sense than having a Welshfire

Last edited:
Except it's not cheap. Given that they're trying to attract interest and involvement for kids not a bad idea to show that they're treating boys and girls equally.

Makes more sense than having a Welshfire
Pay them the same then. No idea why there's even prize money in the first place, there's nowhere for it to go.

Yes, it's a good point, but when you see the talent we've taken from across the Irish Sea it would've been a nice nod to them. Scotland also gave us Mike Denness, though I'm not sure a 5-1 Ashes defeat under his captaincy ought to be remembered much.

That’s absolutely fine mate, there is nothing more I can say on this debate that I have not already said.

I could continue debating but would just be repeating myself.

Like I said everyone entitled to their opinion and always enjoy the craic and debate.

Perhaps now you will stop calling people names for having the foresight to see that this tournament is unnecessary at best (and potentially harmful at worst).
Latest spin from ECB is that the women will get an equal split of the £600,000 prize money as the men.

What a "great" gesture. Are the women on the same salary as the men too? Of course not.

They won’t bring anywhere near 50% of the revenue in, so it’s a horrific gesture which massively devalues the men’s game. I imagine many of the men playing in it will be disgusted.
Imagine if it all got cancelled because of this Coronavirus.

I’d see it as proof that god is a cricket fan :lol:

Last edited:
Perhaps now you will stop calling people names for having the foresight to see that this tournament is unnecessary at best (and potentially harmful at worst).

They won’t bring anywhere near 50% of the revenue in, so it’s a horrific gesture which massively devalues the men’s game. I imagine many of the men playing in it will be disgusted.

I’d see it as proof that god is a cricket fan :lol:

Once again if you bother to read my posts on the very first page of this thread I have said a few times that I would have preferred just one short format and for that to be the current T20 rather than the hundred and have actually said 2 short formats risks the possibility of overkill, and have repeated that several times throughout the thread, so I agree on that point about having just the blast, I think I have made that clear.

My argument has always been now it happening it would be good for it to be a success and spread the game, rather than hoping it falls flat on its face as that would be bad for the game imo..

That’s because I care for the game long term, and am not distracted by the fact that Durham are not involved or the fact that it was a certain persons idea who is worse than the devil himself according to people on here.

There is only one person on this thread who calls people names and that’s you.

You the poster who is always aggressive and resorts to name calling when people don’t agree with you that’s why you have been banned countless times, and I have never even had a warning,

Other posters put their views across and I respect their opinion when they disagree with me, yours I don’t!

As I simply don’t respect your opinion or see you as objective on this subject

Last edited:
Once again if you bother to read my posts on the very first page of this thread I have said a few times that I would have preferred just one short format and for that to be the current T20 rather than the hundred and have actually said 2 short formats risks the possibility of overkill, and have repeated that several times throughout the thread, so I agree on that point about having just the blast, I think I have made that clear.

My argument has always been now it happening it would be good for it to be a success and spread the game, rather than hoping it falls flat on its face as that would be bad for the game imo..

That’s because I care for the game long term, and am not distracted by the fact that Durham are not involved or the fact that it was a certain persons idea who is worse than the devil himself according to people on here.

There is only one person on this thread who calls people names and that’s you.

You the poster who is always aggressive and resorts to name calling when people don’t agree with you that’s why you have been banned countless times, and I have never even had a warning,

Other posters put their views across and I respect their opinion when they disagree with me, yours I don’t!

As I simply don’t respect your opinion or see you as objective on this subject

No need for the repetitious rambling that is a carbon copy of about 18 of your posts on here already.

I was merely referring to your calling of everyone who disagrees with the cult of the hundred ‘narrow minded’.

So next time, respond only to that fact and perhaps acknowledge that you did indeed call people names and it is NOT only me who gets abusive when one does not agree with ones own opinion.

I haven’t been banned countless times either, for the record, well that is if you’re able to count beyond 1.

So I’m not sure if thats an attempt to belittle, which again, could be construed as abusive - or simply that you’re seriously ill-informed.

Last edited:
No need for the repetitious rambling that is a carbon copy of about 18 of your posts on here already.

I was merely referring to your calling of everyone who disagrees with the cult of the hundred ‘narrow minded’.

So next time, respond only to that fact and perhaps acknowledge that you did indeed call people names and it is NOT only me who gets abusive when one does not agree with ones own opinion.

I haven’t been banned countless times either, for the record, well that is if you’re able to count beyond 1.

So I’m not sure if thats an attempt to belittle, which again, could be construed as abusive - or simply that you’re seriously ill-informed.

I enjoy the craic on here and love a good debate, but as far as you are concerned.

I simply can’t be bothered with you anymore.

Last edited:
Picked up a couple of seats behind the bowlers arm for the Superchargers v Invincible's game in Leeds for £24. Looking forward to it.

**Even better update**

The Mrs...no, works for Premier Inn so she get's a good chunk off for room rates. Didn't even realise they had a hotel next to Headingley. Just picked up a room for £19.

£43 for the tickets & hotel, its bound to be rained interrupted now :lol: At least there are plenty of decent boozers to frequent if the worst happens :D

Last edited:
**Even better update**

The Mrs...no, works for Premier Inn so she get's a good chunk off for room rates. Didn't even realise they had a hotel next to Headingley. Just picked up a room for £19.

£43 for the tickets & hotel, its bound to be rained interrupted now :lol: At least there are plenty of decent boozers to frequent if the worst happens :D
Interesting. Mind, you can get Durham T20 tickets for £15 (£10 if you have a season Card) and a comfy room for free i.e home😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back