More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Interesting. Mind, you can get Durham T20 tickets for £15 (£10 if you have a season Card) and a comfy room for free i.e home😀

Its like anything though, normally you pay extra to watch a higher standard of players.

I am not a expert but I imagine for a premier league match they will be paying more on the gate than I will at the SOL.

Last edited:

Its like anything though, normally you pay extra to watch a higher standard of players.

I am not a expert but I imagine for a premier league match they will be paying more on the gate than I will at the SOL.
Thought the WUM would get you to bite. Travel expenses would be considerably more, let's not forget.
As for the higher standard I'm not so sure. The Hundred is promoted as being packed with world class stars-no India, Pakistan nor England internationals and Aussies and Kiwis with International commitments halfway through the tournament. It's misrepresention in the promotion.
Still, each to his own:)

It's more like you'll pay more when demand is heavier or when the promoter thinks the price is as high as he can get away with without attendances dropping.

I'd imagine that prices will be low if the promoter wants to build a fan base, he may accept a loss for a while expecting demand to go up and then prices can go up too. The Hundred should have really low prices at first, I'd expect.

It's more like you'll pay more when demand is heavier or when the promoter thinks the price is as high as he can get away with without attendances dropping.

I'd imagine that prices will be low if the promoter wants to build a fan base, he may accept a loss for a while expecting demand to go up and then prices can go up too. The Hundred should have really low prices at first, I'd expect.
Agree, common sense business approach- hundred will stand or fall in its promotion- and I don't think anyone would disagree that promotion so far has been absolutely farcical.

Thought the WUM would get you to bite. Travel expenses would be considerably more, let's not forget.
As for the higher standard I'm not so sure. The Hundred is promoted as being packed with world class stars-no India, Pakistan nor England internationals and Aussies and Kiwis with International commitments halfway through the tournament. It's misrepresention in the promotion.

Not having a go or a bite, just debate on my part and hope yours mate, as both see this from a diffrent angle, but hope we can amicably.

Yeah tbf The Hundred has not attracted as many top world class players as they would have like, so yeah see where you coming from, however I think it’s very fair for me to suggest the players involved in both sides in the particular game the bloke as bought tickets for will be a lot higher standard than the team Durham would put out in the T20.

Hence the higher price for that particular game, which was my point.

Yeah could not agree more, to attract new people to the game the lower the price the better, although don’t think £24 pound for a quality game with the players that will be on show in that particular match and behind the bowlers arm is expensive imo, but guess that is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
Not having a go or a bite, just debate on my part and hope yours mate, as both see this from a diffrent angle, but hope we can amicably.

Yeah tbf The Hundred has not attracted as many top world class players as they would have like, so yeah see where you coming from, however I think it’s very fair for me to suggest the players involved in both sides in the particular game the bloke as bought tickets for will be a lot higher standard than the team Durham would put out in the T20.

Yeah could not agree more, to attract new people to the game the lower the price the better, although don’t think £24 pound for a quality game with the players that will be on show in that particular match and behind the bowlers arm is expensive imo, but guess that is a matter of opinion.
The early bird price for an adult and child is £15- that's competitive but expired on 28th February. Don't Durham do a T20 family tickets(2 adults and 2 children)for £20?
Surprisingly haven't seen any commercials on tv about it and hardly anyone reads the newspaper anymore.

Last edited:
The early bird price for an adult and child is £15- that's competitive but expired on 28th February. Don't Durham do a T20 family tickets(2 adults and 2 children)for £20?
Surprisingly haven't seen any commercials on tv about it and hardly anyone reads the newspaper anymore.

Not sure mate you will no better than me, either way a game of cricket is better value than what I will be paying today at the SOL!

I’m dead against it but I will still go to the London games like

Life’s too short and I love cricket I just go when I can

it’ll either work or it won’t, we will soon find out

Yeah the line up ain’t amazing like

tbh though the stars of these tournaments are often not the bignames anyway

part of the reason why this tournament is such utter bullshit

Last edited:
I’m dead against it but I will still go to the London games like

Life’s too short and I love cricket I just go when I can

it’ll either work or it won’t, we will soon find out

Yeah the line up ain’t amazing like

tbh though the stars of these tournaments are often not the bignames anyway

part of the reason why this tournament is such utter bullshit

I would at least want to see it before making that conclusion

Votp believes whatever he wants to believe. And if you disagree, you're "narrow minded".

Not worth the debate.

Votp believes whatever he wants to believe. And if you disagree, you're "narrow minded".

Not worth the debate.

Its just my opinion that I would rather wait for the start of the tournament and remain open minded and watch some of it before slaughtering it.

Surely that’s fair enough, you making out that’s totally unreasonable which surely it isn’t.

Last edited:
That the tournament is utter bullshit, would rather watch some games before coming to that conclusion

I said reasons were

I also said I’d go
Weird that you picked that one quote out
im not your enemy here

one of the few who will give it a chance

Not worth the debate.

haha the irony of this post

ah unbelievable lack of self awareness here

I said reasons were

I also said I’d go
Weird that you picked that one quote out
im not your enemy here

one of the few who will give it a chance

haha the irony of this post

ah unbelievable lack of self awareness here

Never said your were mate have no argument with you whatsoever.

you quoted me first and within that you said the tournament was utter bullshit , I just said want to watch some of it first.

No issue at all

Last edited:

Back