More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

I’m dead against it but I will still go to the London games like

Massive contradiction in the space of one sentence to be fair mate.

You’re either against it, so won’t go full stop - or you’re not.

Can’t you just go to all the Blast games instead? Will that not satisfy your cricket fix?

Can’t you just go to all the Blast games instead? Will that not satisfy your cricket fix?

I know it is, there will be many like me though who hate the reasons for it but go anyway

I'll do both mate

I enjoy the craic on here and love a good debate, but as far as you are concerned.

I simply can’t be bothered with you anymore.

Why? Because I’ve shown you up for being exactly what you tried to tar me with? Abusive?

Again, do you admit you were out of order for calling people uninterested in the hundred narrowminded?

Third time I’ve asked now, for the record, twice previously you’ve ignored it. Yes, I am counting.
I know it is, there will be many like me though who hate the reasons for it but go anyway

I'll do both mate

You’re right on that point in fairness - but that makes it all the more baffling that they’ve cut 10 teams out of the equation.

Every county not involved will have hundreds of members who would would go along to watch the grass grow if you told them it was part of their membership.

Again, that’s why many of us felt the organisers are wrong to abuse people’s loyalty.

Last edited:
Why? Because I’ve shown you up for being exactly what you tried to tar me with? Abusive?

Again, do you admit you were out of order for calling people uninterested in the hundred narrowminded?

Third time I’ve asked now, for the record, twice previously you’ve ignored it. Yes, I am counting.

You’re right on that point in fairness - but that makes it all the more baffling that they’ve cut 10 teams out of the equation.

Every county not involved will have hundreds of members who would would go along to watch the grass grow if you told them it was part of their membership.

Again, that’s why many of us felt the organisers are wrong to abuse people’s loyalty.

I think its fair to say I am argumentative and opinionated and also its very fair to say I am in the minority on this thread in given that I want to give the hundred a chance first and feel we should watch some of it first before slaughtering it.

However I dont consider asking people to have a open mind and watch some of the hundred first before coming to the conclusion some have as abusive or out of order, I have never once called anyone narrow minded, however have asked if people could have a more open mind and watch some first.

However of course all are entitled to their opinion and its their right to have whatever opinion they want, however I will continue to put my views across in what I consider a respective manner, maybe you could try the same.

But then again its clear when I say black you say white and vice versa on almost every subject regarding cricket as we fundamentally have very different views on it, so like I say maybe best if we just don't debate with each other.

I am pretty sure my posts are very less abusive than yours by a country mile!!

Why do you either have to be against it or for it, it’s personal choice for anyone to go to any cricket match they want!

I'll do both mate

And that’s entirely your choice mate.

Last edited:
" I dont consider asking people to have a open mind and watch some of the hundred first before coming to the conclusion some have as abusive or out of order, I have never once called anyone narrow minded, however have asked if people could have a more open mind and watch some first".
It's a matter of semantics the difference between narrow and open minded. It's offensive to call anyone either, there are probably a majority of the population who have never watched a cricket match in their life, are they all lacking an open mind?
people in glass houses...Vofp.

" I dont consider asking people to have a open mind and watch some of the hundred first before coming to the conclusion some have as abusive or out of order, I have never once called anyone narrow minded, however have asked if people could have a more open mind and watch some first".
It's a matter of semantics the difference between narrow and open minded. It's offensive to call anyone either, there are probably a majority of the population who have never watched a cricket match in their life, are they all lacking an open mind?

I think asking people to have a open mind i.e watch something
before making their mind up can hardly be deemed abusive?

Me personally I think asking or suggesting people have a open mind is different to calling someone ‘narrow minded’ .

But guess each individual has their own perception of what abusive is?

I think myself and your good self have had a lot of disagreements on here I don’t believe you have been anywhere near abusive to me or me abusive to you?
As for your last point I would not criticise or call anybody for not watching a cricket match, however if somebody was slating cricket left right and centre and had never watched a game.

I don’t it would be offensive to ask them to keep a open mind a go watch a game before criticising it right left and centre

Last edited:
I think asking people to have a open mind i.e watch something
before making their mind up can hardly be deemed abusive?

Me personally I think asking or suggesting people have a open mind is different to calling someone ‘narrow minded’ .

But guess each individual has their own perception of what abusive is?

I think myself and your good self have had a lot of disagreements on here I don’t believe you have been anywhere near abusive to me or me abusive to you?

Abusive is an extreme form of offensive but whether the sender doesn't consider a message offensive isn't the issue,it's how the receiver considers it.
No, I can't recall any abusive dialogue addressed to me but I certainly consider criticism because I choose not to attend a particular form of cricket offensive.

@Parkside

That’s fair enough I am not on here to score points or abuse or offend anyone.

I have never had a issue or criticised you for not attending anything as it’s people choice to attend and spend their money how their want.

What I have done is debate with you that 'The Hundred' maybe worth a shot to increase particaption and as such get more people playing the game, and you have argued there is already other things in place that are already doing that and no need for 'The Hundred' as the T20 was sufficient, which of course is your opinion and a fair point.

We have different opinions on it that is clear but my intention was never to offend you and I believe yours was never to offend me.

Last edited:

Nothing further your honour......

If I was narrow minded I'd smirk at these two reports😀

Last edited:
Question. IF (big if) things are back to normal by July and the ECB decide this will be the only domestic cricket this year, would you go? I really hate to say it but I probably would just to get my fix. Sorry chaps desperate times and all that :oops:

Question. IF (big if) things are back to normal by July and the ECB decide this will be the only domestic cricket this year, would you go? I really hate to say it but I probably would just to get my fix. Sorry chaps desperate times and all that :oops:

I honestly think all sport could all be canned now until next year. China has a lot to answer for :evil:

What has happened with the current situation has changed everything and people’s liveihoods are now at stake, any available funds should be diverted to help, keep and pay the wages of people involved.

The hundred could easily wait another year, probably best it does.

Back