More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Latest.
ECB have confirmed that all England home test matches and one day internationals are to be stopped because of county championship 200 attendees feel it disrupts county cricket.
So from 2020 no ECB England games will clash when county cricket is played.
As the attendances at county cricket is harmed by them.

Those negative on the competition will look at the higer prices rather than the ones most people will be buying. £35 for two adults and 3 kids for 3hours worth or entertainment is pretty good. Hopefully it will be good viewing on the tv

I think people would prefer to pay a fair price to watch world class stars playing exciting close games in the middle of the summer, than mediocre county journeyman in the county game!

Especially new people and kids attracted to the game, without any connection with a county just my opinion like.
won't be getting a penny off me

I am glad they have slashed the prices, becuase they can’t have it both ways, if they want to attract new people and families to the game, have to make it affordable.

Last edited:
I think people would prefer to pay a fair price to watch world class stars playing exciting close games in the middle of the summer, than mediocre county journeyman in the county game!

Especially new people and kids attracted to the game, without any connection with a county just my opinion like.

I am glad they have slashed the prices, becuase they can’t have it both ways, if they want to attract new people and families to the game, have to make it affordable.
Welcome to Cricket-Please pay way over the odds for a ticket.

Best policy would be a universal pricing system. £15 for an adult and £3 for a U16 at all grounds. £5 & £1 for Womens games.

Welcome to Cricket-Please pay way over the odds for a ticket.

Best policy would be a universal pricing system. £15 for an adult and £3 for a U16 at all grounds. £5 & £1 for Womens games.

Cheaper the better as far as I am concerned, although would suggest slighter more than the blast as the draft system choose the best cricketers in the country, so by very nature you watching a better standard of cricket, and with most sports the better than standard the more you pay.

"watch world class stars playing exciting close games in the middle of the summer"

Tickets should be flying off the shelf then, no need to cut prices?

;)

"watch world class stars playing exciting close games in the middle of the summer"

Tickets should be flying off the shelf then, no need to cut prices?

;)

I think it’s important especially with the opposition from traditional fans, and the fact that there is soo many other distractions these days for kids and families, that if they want to attract those kids and families they need to make it affordable.

Not sure how anyone could really disagree with that principle tbh.
They’ll end up giving tickets away to create atmosphere and a sense of an event.

That’s sensible though as there’ll be no attachments or loyalties at first. I think and hope it’ll succeed.

Not sure it will succeed as unfortunately there seems to be some opposition to it, but certainly think it’s best for the longevity of cricket in this country if it does.

Last edited:

Back